Jury finds 3 men guilty of supporting plot to kidnap Michigan’s Gov. Whitmer

Scott

Plot to kidnap Michigan governor thwarted

Three men accused of supporting a plot to kidnap Michigan’s governor were convicted of all charges Wednesday, a triumph for state prosecutors after months of mixed results in the main case in federal court.

Joe Morrison, his father-in-law Pete Musico, and Paul Bellar were found guilty of providing “material support” for a terrorist act as members of a paramilitary group, the Wolverine Watchmen.

They held gun drills in rural Jackson County with a leader of the scheme, Adam Fox, who was disgusted with Gov. Gretchen Whitmer and other officials in 2020 and said he wanted to kidnap her.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/jury-finds-3-men-guilty-of-supporting-plot-to-kidnap-michigans-gov-whitmer

PBS: Public Broadcasting Service

“Morrison, who recently tested positive for COVID-19, and Musico watched the verdict by video away from the courtroom. Judge Thomas Wilson ordered all three to jail while they await sentencing scheduled for Dec. 15.”

Wonder what Santa will be bringing them this year…

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

“Morrison, who recently tested positive for COVID-19, and Musico watched the verdict by video away from the courtroom. Judge Thomas Wilson ordered all three to jail while they await sentencing scheduled for Dec. 15.”

Wonder what Santa will be bringing them this year…

Hopefully very, very long sentences. 

• Like 2

Amazing that the lawyers for the accused would use this defense....

[“In this country, you are allowed to talk the talk but you only get convicted if you walk the walk,” Musico’s attorney, Kareem Johnson, said in his closing remarks.]

If this were true, then law enforcement would never be allowed to stop a crime from happening. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

You Maga folks just make me laugh. 2 years ago, the same folks accused the left of trying to defund and abolish police altogether. Now the same Maga folks are calling for the abolition of the FBI. You got to get off this loony train. 

While not strictly on topic I would like to counter this abusive, irrelevant and misleading post. Laugh and mock me all you want. So Maga folks were accusing the left of wanting to abolish the police were they? I wonder why, Eric?

"I’ve been advocating the abolition of the police for years. Regardless of your view on police power — whether you want to get rid of the police or simply to make them less violent — here’s an immediate demand we can all make: Cut the number of police in half and cut their budget in half. Fewer police officers equals fewer opportunities for them to brutalize and kill people. The idea is gaining traction in Minneapolis, Dallas, Los Angeles and other cities."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/12/opinion/sunday/floyd-abolish-defund-police.html

All in Maga folks imagination was it? Amazing how people can so shamelessly try to rewrite history.