Western Union Transfers

I have just transferred 50Kbaht from UK to a friend in Thailand, using WU.  Money has gone through, but WU give the impression they do not know quite what they are doing.

I transferred money from my UK bak to WU, to be collected in Thailand.  having made the transfer, I checked that money had left my UK bank (on-line banking)

I hen received two mails from WU, telling me to sned the money, and  "funds have not been received" warning.

Checked again ha money had been paid from my bank; OK.

Then used WU tracking; Firs told that transfer in progress and then, next day, that money available for collection in Thailand.

Money was collected yesterday, and today I receive another WU e-mail, telling me that the transfer had been cancelled.

Just what is going on with WU?  I thought they were a competent company, but in this case they appear not to have any idea what is going on.

Each of the e-mails have WU  as sender, so presumably not a scam to get more money from me.

None have an e-mail address to reply to, or to question the content of the mail, only a Uk phone number and address o contact, and i am not going to waste money trying to call this from Thailand.

This is making me doubtful about using WU again, as it all sems very suspicious.

previously, I have used WU for money transfers to Thailand without any problems

I used to rely on WU from Australia to Thailand and had many years of success. Had to change account a few times as uncertainty receiver being Thai. Now have Thai bank account I use remitly. Gave up on WU even though usually best exchange rate but takes up to a day and longer over weekend. Remitly if you specify account, exchange rate not so good but for 100 baht or alternative, it's in account within 5 minutes. Delay once was Thai bank but a few hours not a day or longer with WU.