Questions related to retirement visa.

Ok so this week I will be thinking of giving passport to visa agent to start the process of retirement visa (15 months).

Been told could be without passport for about 3 weeks.

1. My Uk Passport finishes in December 2023 and looking to go back to the uk in About April time.Think I might be in Uk for 3 to 4 months.Yes I realise I lose a bit of money there in the cost of retirement visa when I actually will be in the Uk.But loose ends need to be tied up.I will obviously apply to get a new passport while there.So when I come back to Thailand I assume I travel with old and new passport.Will I get entry ok when I show immigration my old passport with retirement visa.Once back in Thailand do I have to do something to get retirement visa put in my new passport?

2. I did think I was initially going to have the multiple entry visa that gives me maximum flexibility.Quote for this is extra 4000 baht.I am not really sure of what happens if I just have the single entry one and then do some entry and exits of Thailand.Not sure what the process is do i pay something like 1000 baht fine or something like that to Airport immigration?

Thanks

You should take agent offer of 4k for multiple reentry permit.

That is 3800 even if you do it yourself.

If you opt to do the reentry permit yourself you would do it at airport on departure. 

As for single reentry permit (1000baht)  you would need to purchase one every time you wish to exit Thailand and reenter. 

As for transfer of stamps you could travel with both passports till your next extension.

Discuss with your agent. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2