Anyone Want A Really Nice Soi Dog?

Weho

About a week ago, I decided to take in another soi dog... I have two already, one big, and one small... the new one just won't get alone with the other small soi dog... they are 1/2 sisters. I thought it would work out, but it just won't. If anyone wants a really nice clean and healthy dog, female, who is very gentle, very affectionate, house-trained, please message me... it's in the Pattaya area.

I don't have a picture, but I can try to get one shortly.

She may get alone with another dog, she adores my BIG dog, but not her 1/2 sister, which is a small sized soi dog too.

In about a week, she got pretty healthy, she does need to gain some more weight, but all else seems fine. I knew she had some vaccination shots, the owners of our community took her to a vet, but i'm not sure if there is paperwork for her.

She seems to be a good guard dog too.

If I can't find a home for her, I think she'll do a little better than most soi dogs, as we can make sure she gets fed on the street, but it won't be the same, as she's had a week of real affection and lots of good healthy food. Please let me know by private message if interested.

About a week ago, I decided to take in another soi dog... I have two already, one big, and one small... the new one just won't get alone with the other small soi dog... they are 1/2 sisters. I thought it would work out, but it just won't. If anyone wants a really nice clean and healthy dog, female, who is very gentle, very affectionate, house-trained, please message me... it's in the Pattaya area.

I don't have a picture, but I can try to get one shortly.

She may get alone with another dog, she adores my BIG dog, but not her 1/2 sister, which is a small sized soi dog too.

In about a week, she got pretty healthy, she does need to gain some more weight, but all else seems fine. I knew she had some vaccination shots, the owners of our community took her to a vet, but i'm not sure if there is paperwork for her.

She seems to be a good guard dog too.

If I can't find a home for her, I think she'll do a little better than most soi dogs, as we can make sure she gets fed on the street, but it won't be the same, as she's had a week of real affection and lots of good healthy food. Please let me know by private message if interested.

weho, when you say "shes had lots of good healthy food" thats not quite up to your usual descriptive standard, please can you address this asap.

weho, when you say "shes had lots of good healthy food" thats not quite up to your usual descriptive standard, please can you address this asap.

She had a lot better than the scraps the guards at the gate would throw her. I was giving her 4 meals a day to try to get some weight on her, and she looks much better than a week ago.

Have it put down, nobody wants another Thai mutt, too many of them around already!

Your usual reply I see... :o

Bit of a waste PC.

There's a couple of monks sleeping a short way away from me - on a pilgrimage to Pattaya, I think.

Give them a treat - earn merit.

That is one cute dog.

I shouldn't have shown my better half the picture, cuz I'm going to have to fight her tooth and nail not to adopt it. She wants the two black kittens too.

With a face like that, there has to be someone to take it!

That is one cute dog.

I shouldn't have shown my better half the picture, cuz I'm going to have to fight her tooth and nail not to adopt it. She wants the two black kittens too.

With a face like that, there has to be someone to take it!

I should add she's about 5 months old... and has totally clean soft fur... very gentle. I know she's smart cause it only took a day to train her to understand "sit", which she does before she gets her food.

My name is Donut. But I dont want an owner who will eat me!

I am about six months old now. I live in Pattaya. I am so sweet and shy. Never bark or snarl at children or Adults.

Please give me a good home. I will love you to bits if you do.

Just PM Luckydog to make me one asap.

post-42019-1182990812_thumb.jpg

Have it put down, nobody wants another Thai mutt, too many of them around already!

Yeah? Too many of YOU too Phil..........

Calm down.

Take a walk in almost any moo baan in Pattaya (and probably anywhere else in Thailand) and you'll see dozens of scruffy Thai mutt soi dogs running around. The problem has been discussed ad nauseum already How many children needs to be mauled by these vicious beasts before you'll agree there's a problem?

Taking care of one is a drop in the ocean, the correct solution would be to stop the breeding by neutering those that are not yet attacking people and putting those down that are. Feeding them just aggravates the problem.

According to the Thai Government Health site, around 1% of these strays carry rabies without ever showing any outward signs.

Be careful out there. WeHo thinks the mut has been jabbed. Better be sure before allowing the animal however kind in nature to play with your kids.

According to the Thai Government Health site, around 1% of these strays carry rabies without ever showing any outward signs.

Be careful out there. WeHo thinks the mut has been jabbed. Better be sure before allowing the animal however kind in nature to play with your kids.

Remember that rabies is pretty much a death sentence unless treated quickly.

Much as it pains me to say it most of the posts on here are right, there are literally thousands of these poor, unhealthy, unhappy, dying dogs in and around Pattaya and for me as an animal lover it is heart breaking to see on a daily basis. We have two street dogs already (and I would have more if my husband would allow it) which were rescued as puppies from the side of the road in a terrible state and both are really great now, happy and healthy and they make great guard dogs.

Saving one or two may be "a drop in the ocean" but it is better than doing nothing at all and letting them starve to death is not a humane solution in my opinion. Breading for these dogs is a natural instinct and they do not ask to be born in to such awful circumstances. The suggestion about having them neutered to stop them breading is a very good one and I think it would be money well spent by the local Thai council (or whoever) to help resolve this very distressing problem. I would be prepared to put money in to such a scheme as I am sure many others in and around Pattaya would in order to help resolve this issue for their own reasons (many of which have been stated here, rabies, protection of kids etc.) but mainly for the sake of stopping this vicious circle of cruelty to animals.

Much as it pains me to say it most of the posts on here are right, there are literally thousands of these poor, unhealthy, unhappy, dying dogs in and around Pattaya and for me as an animal lover it is heart breaking to see on a daily basis. We have two street dogs already (and I would have more if my husband would allow it) which were rescued as puppies from the side of the road in a terrible state and both are really great now, happy and healthy and they make great guard dogs.

Saving one or two may be "a drop in the ocean" but it is better than doing nothing at all and letting them starve to death is not a humane solution in my opinion. Breading for these dogs is a natural instinct and they do not ask to be born in to such awful circumstances. The suggestion about having them neutered to stop them breading is a very good one and I think it would be money well spent by the local Thai council (or whoever) to help resolve this very distressing problem. I would be prepared to put money in to such a scheme as I am sure many others in and around Pattaya would in order to help resolve this issue for their own reasons (many of which have been stated here, rabies, protection of kids etc.) but mainly for the sake of stopping this vicious circle of cruelty to animals.

this topic has come up (at length) before.

I agree that the Soi dogs lead in general an appalling life, and that a neutering program is perhaps the only way of dealing with it.

However taking them in and looking after them can easily exacerbate the problem. THe resulting healthy dogs if not neutered then continue to bred with the Soi dog population and so on.......leaving food out for them whilst it might seem to help only increases the population further and of course brings other dogs and their (communicable) diseases into your own Soi.

If there is no food and garbage etc is inaccessible to them they cannot survive and the population will dwindle.

Kindness to animals is a commendable thing but the Soi dogs need a firm solution. Looking after one or two only makes the problem worse.

Edited by wilko

I agree that the Soi dogs lead in general an appalling life, and that a neutering program is perhaps the only way of dealing with it.

However taking them in and looking after them can easily exacerbate the problem. THe resulting healthy dogs if not neutered then continue to bred with the Soi dog population and so on.......leaving food out for them whilst it might seem to help only increases the population further and of course brings other dogs and their (communicable) diseases into your own Soi.

If there is no food and garbage etc is inaccessible to them they cannot survive and the population will dwindle.

Kindness to animals is a commendable thing but the Soi dogs need a firm solution. Looking after one or two only makes the problem worse.

I am sorry but I could not disagree with you more; starving them and letting them die of disease, miserable and in pain is a despicable and in humane way to treat these dogs and not any sort of solution, it is just passing the buck. Taking care of one or two of these dogs and seeing what a difference you can make to them with a bit of TLC, for people who can, is an easy option and having them neutered (as both of mine are) is an easy and cheap operation here in Thailand with any of the many vets around.

I am sorry but I could not disagree with you more; starving them and letting them die of disease, miserable and in pain is a despicable and in humane way to treat these dogs and not any sort of solution, it is just passing the buck. Taking care of one or two of these dogs and seeing what a difference you can make to them with a bit of TLC, for people who can, is an easy option and having them neutered (as both of mine are) is an easy and cheap operation here in Thailand with any of the many vets around.

Got any pics weho?

post-8654-1182956121_thumb.jpg

Oh Weho, the pic was so cool.

I was instant in love with her. I already own 2 lap dogs; Chihuahua and min-pin. Adding one more should not be a problem, except my house is half way around the world -US.

Hope some nice person would adopt her, she deserves her second chance. :o

Unfortunately taking in 2 dogs is a drop in the ocean and feeding soi dogs or leaving garbage where they can get it only helps them breed...and they will be diseased etc whether you like it or not. If they fail to breed then they will die out.

There was a fund gathered a few years ago to deal with the dog problem in Pattaya, but unlike the dogs, it went missing.

Unfortunately sentiment will never sort out the dog problem and we will continue to see maimed and prolapsed animals roaming the streets until action is taken. It is unlikely that enough people are prepared to take in the dogs and neuter them, and it is also unlikely that local govt will pay for the neutering of 20.000 dogs .... so we have to try to create an environment where these dos cannot survive. Culling is definitely not the answer as the culled dogs are simply replaced by others. the reason you see so much less of this in the west is partly due to the fact that there is little for stays to live off. that goal may be the simplest and most achievable in Pattaya.

Can this solution also be applied to Africa. Cut off all aid and create an environment where thay cannot survive 'cause they will be diseased etc. If they fail to breed then they will die out. Any more humane tips, wilko?