Returning after two years away

April 2020 I poured bleach down the drains, put moth balls in wardrobe, thoroughly cleaned cooking utensils then stored in sealed boxes, and sprayed around doors with an oily bug spray.
After that, padlocked my door and flew back to Blighty.
I am returning later this month and wondered if anyone had done the same and what state their room was on their return.
Has all the clothing and bedding disintegrated?
Is the room infested with bugs?
Does the room stink?

Edited by Alidiver
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

When i was looking round condos to buy, some were empty for years, I couldn't believe the amount of dead cockroaches there were especially the toilet, then there's the balcony where the pigeon's take over

What are the yearly body corporate fees?

12 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

When i was looking round condos to buy, some were empty for years, I couldn't believe the amount of dead cockroaches there were especially the toilet, then there's the balcony where the pigeon's take over

In some of the condos which I visited it seems the termites were chewing up the floor.

Blog+5+ways+to+identify+termites-1920w.j

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

In some of the condos which I visited it seems the termites were chewing up the floor.

Blog+5+ways+to+identify+termites-1920w.j

Yep, big problem in LOS.

Some eat wood and some eat cement and some eat plastic. Need regular checking and spraying. 

• Thanks 1

Always better to have some one to clean it at least once a month. My condo in Pattaya is cleaned by my GF once a month (Sometimes she uses a professional cleaner). But she does not clean my motor cycle parked in covered parking garage. It was covered with dust, tires were flat and I could not start it. Called the shop guy he came and picked it up fixed everything and gave it a wash. Total 1000 baht. This was after 10 months outside Thailand. 

Edited by Onerak
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Onerak said:

Always better to have some one to clean it at least once a month. My condo in Pattaya is cleaned by my GF once a month (Sometimes she uses a professional cleaner). But she does not clean my motor cycle parked in covered parking garage. It was covered with dust, tires were flat and I could not start it. Called the shop guy he came and picked it up fixed everything and gave it a wash. Total 1000 baht. This was after 10 months outside Thailand. 

Money well spent!

We left in March 2020 expecting to be away for only six weeks - so no special preparation apart from disconnecting the car battery.

Returned in February 2022 and everything was in amazingly good shape. Wife washed all clothes and bedding. Fridge, TV sprung into life. Desktop computer fired up and updated itself. Toilets were dry but no bugs or bad smells. Connected car battery and it still had enough charge to spin the engine over!

A friend inherited a house in Florida.  For various reasons, it was nearly a year after it had been closed up that he was able to go and inspect it. 

I went with him.  When we opened the house, virtually every surface was covered in mildew and a mossy like 1/4" fluff, like a light snow, except green-grey.

He had to hire a crew in hazmat suits to clean out the mildew and fungus, then toss every piece of upholstered furniture and all rugs. 

9 minutes ago, dddave said:

A friend inherited a house in Florida.  For various reasons, it was nearly a year after it had been closed up that he was able to go and inspect it. 

I went with him.  When we opened the house, virtually every surface was covered in mildew and a mossy like 1/4" fluff, like a light snow, except green-grey.

He had to hire a crew in hazmat suits to clean out the mildew and fungus, then toss every piece of upholstered furniture and all rugs. 

The O.Ps house is in Thailand though