Legalization of documents at MFA - trip report

Did this a couple of times at CW but never again. Horrendous wait. Once they insisted on an edit. So back to the translation agency and then repeat the whole thing. Once they lost the original document and made no effort to find it. Just shrugged it off. Their English is very poor. They let garbage through and insist on edits that make no sense to a native speaker but don’t bother trying to argue with them. They have the power.

in future I will pay the translation agency to do this tedious job. Well worth it if they require an edit. Let them sort it out for themselves.

Edited by Dogmatix

1 hour ago, Dogmatix said:

Did this a couple of times at CW but never again. Horrendous wait. Once they insisted on an edit. So back to the translation agency and then repeat the whole thing. Once they lost the original document and made no effort to find it. Just shrugged it off. Their English is very poor. They let garbage through and insist on edits that make no sense to a native speaker but don’t bother trying to argue with them. They have the power.

in future I will pay the translation agency to do this tedious job. Well worth it if they require an edit. Let them sort it out for themselves.

Agreed. I had a similar experience albeit some years ago. Very picky about the translations. Luckily an on the spot translator saw my difficulty and stepped up, for a fee of course. Think I'd have lost the will to live if I'd turned him down. The British Embassy were not helpful doing their bit either, but it got done in the end.