Mr. Subway...please Read

sugarcandy

I notced Subway advertises on this site. Hope they read this as you have a good promoton going on but could be better :o I went to Subway today near Nana as I was given a coupon at Villas supermarket …buy one footlong and get one free. I must admit my sandwichewas great and my Gf liked hers but let with a bad feeling. Why? Because I was fored to buy a chocolate chip cookie for 29 baht to get this promoton. Why not just do “buy one get one” instead of “with purchase of a cookie”

Don’t get me wring and no hard feelng…I’m happy as I saved 199 Baht for my GF who had the footlong steak and cheese sandwich for free and I proably will buy the cookie anyway next time as it was quite good but don’t like being told I need to buy the cookie. Next week I see on this footlong coupon they requre “ free footlong with the purchase of a bag of chips” and the week after that “with a drink” Enogh please! Just give the free footlong sandwch ok, Mr. Subway? Thank you. : :D

Subway is the only American food chain that I would be happy to see more of, and I have had similar Subway offers but have had to buy a drink instead of having just a free six inch when my stamp card is full.

Still, it's a good deal though, but I would like to see more of them opening up - preferably in the place of KFC, McDonalds.

Dear Mr Subway,

I apologise for the thread starter as Subway is a fine establishment and has very tasty food :D .

Dear Sugar Candy,

When you go out to Nana Plaza at night do you ask for a two for one deal?

And do you have dreads? :D

I love Subway, I love Subway - maybe we could get those T.Shirts back up George and under the heading "Farang" we could also add "foot long"?, then again myself and the good Doc, could only wear them with confidence :D:o

Subway is a franchise, I wonder if the owner is Thai or English (49%).

I was quite shocked to see one in Thailand (apparantly there are several now, one even outside of Bangkok?), my university has one in the Students union and it has become my regular haunt.

I wonder how the Thai people in general will like it. Some seem to really take to dough foods like pizza and KFC, whereas some really cant eat much bready stuff.

Subway is a franchise, I wonder if the owner is Thai or English (49%).
Foreigners holding 89% and 11% Thai formed under the Amity treaty.
can't understand why they have a great one near nana,then open one accross the street,even the 7-11's are not this close??

Subway is a convenience food. People want it near them and don't want to walk far. Looking at this site, it’s three blocks away from our first store but we really wanted the opportunity of the big billboards overlooking the Nana Skytrain.

The second store opened in April 2004. In the first three months, this has proved to be a good move. Sales for May and June at the second store are higher than the first store.

The last three months sales in 2004 from the first store is higher, than its first three months in 2003, we were open as well. The bottom line we are doing more than double in sales what we were doing in August 2003.

Sugarcandy, hope to see you soon at Subway. Introduce yourself and you’ll get a free cookie.

http://www.subwaythailand.com

Somebody had to say it didn't they. :o

Anyway - WE NEED MORE OF THEM, MAY I SUGGEST.

PATPONG

EVERY TESCO AND BIG C

VICTORY MONUMENT

PHROM PONG

ARI

SURIN

To suggest but a few.

They have opened one in Carrefour in Pattaya which is likely a shrewd move given the large number of farang that go their and to the Home Pro store in the same complex.

My observations:

The Pattaya store is not busy with sit down eaters at almost anytime. Most I have ever seen there has been 3 people sitting down and they were all large framed farangs :D Guess they like the portion sizes and have the financial capacity to shell out 200 baht on a sandwich that elsewhere costs 80 baht in Pattaya.

Second - get some decent chips/crisps - I do get hacked off paying a lot for a 5 baht bag of chips.

Cookies are great but again expensive - looks like the pricing has been decided on western retail prices but Thai expenses e.g labour (virtually nothing) and rent (again lower than US/Europe). Great financial recipe for the owners but in Pattaya every other food store in the same complex is considerably busier. In BKK I think it can work really well as there are not so many financially restrained people as down here but for their sake (and mine) I hope it works out.

ARI
Not sure if that would be a good location , why you think so? Thanks for the ideas!
Guess they like the portion sizes and have the financial capacity to shell out 200 baht on a sandwich that elsewhere costs 80 baht in Pattaya.

I would love to buy their sandwiches at 80 baht and sell them at 200 Baht :-) Our 200 baht meatball or turkey sandwich cost of sale is 116 Baht and then you have the 14 baht off the top for VAT! Wholesale for us is 50 baht baht higher than retail for them.

Not complaing but just letting you know that costs are in fact higher here in Thailand..

Rent, we pay MUCH higher than the average Subway in the USA for our rent.... try $7,000 a month rent at each store( that’s why we co-brand)!

Electricity is $1,000+ per month per store. Higher by far than the USA.

Labor is cheaper but still we run $4,000 per month at one store and $3,000 at the other.

Then to top it off, some of our sub sells around 20-35% cheaper than the States.

Cookies and chips we run at 33% Food cost( Not sure if they sell Tasto chips instead of Lays in Pattaya) We use to have the Big Grab 72 gram bag for 29 baht but Lays stop producing this size. We had only the choice of the very small bag or switching vendors. We switched, but would like Lays to take the hint and bring back the Big Grab!

Note: Try the Value Meal.. 39 Baht for unlimited soda refills and chips. Most places in the States charge $1.50 or $2.20 extra. So that is a very good value here.

Hope to see you one day at Subway.

http://www.subwaythailand.com/Subway_Thailand_Locations.htm

Dear Mr Subway,

I apologise for the thread starter as Subway is a fine establishment and has very tasty food  :D .

Dear Sugar Candy,

When you go out to Nana Plaza at night do you ask for a two for one deal?

And do you have dreads?  :D

I love Subway, I love Subway - maybe we could get those T.Shirts back up George and under the heading "Farang" we could also add "foot long"?, then again myself and the good Doc, could only wear them with confidence  :D  :o

to Sunbelt, I would like to highlight an earlier post as this poster obviously is your number 1 fan :D

Any freebies will be appreciated! :wub:

Have you thought of Phuket? I would also be interested in talking to you regarding franchise information.

What do poeple find attractive at Subway?

The time I ordered a chicken Sandwich

I saw PROCESSED SAUSAGE being put

in the bread - I cancelled and walked out.

I had expected to get Health Food

Sorry to knock the site Sponsor.

Roger