Aston Martin Racing Asia Has Joined the Thai Super Series

webfact

image.jpeg

Amazing Weekend with the i8 Vantage GT4
Aston Martin Racing Asia Has Joined the Thai Super Series 

Aston Martin Racing Asia, one of the profound names in auto-racing, was officially on the grid for the first time this weekend in the Thai Super Series, with Adam Khalid at the wheel of the Aston Martin i8 Vantage GT4, placing third in the GTC Production Class.

"We are proud to have participated in the events at Chang International Circuit, which was part of the Thai Super Series 10th year," explained a visibly pleased Weiron Tan, Team Principal of Aston Martin Racing Asia. "On behalf of Aston Martin Racing Asia, we were truly delighted to have the i8 Vantage GT4 here this weekend and in the remaining rounds of the 2022 Thai Super Series."

image.jpeg

The thrilling and action-packed race took place from October 27th to 30th at the Chang International Circuit in Buriram, north-east of Bangkok, with the i8 Vantage GT4 serving as the Official Car of Aston Martin Racing Asia, which was further supported by the manufacturer. This assistance included R&D, cutting-edge technology, engineering support, and mechanical assistance, all of which were exclusively accessible to Aston Martin Racing Asia. Given the heritage of Aston Martin racing, their goal is to dominate the Thai Super Series final rounds, and that is exactly what the team is planning to execute.

image.png

Driver Adam Khalid shared his enthusiasm through his statement that goes, "A huge thank you to Aston Martin Racing Asia for giving me this opportunity.  After the past 3 days, I am very much looking forward to the rest of the Super Series. The Vantage GT4 is no stranger to me, as I have been testing with it quite extensively in the UK. I have also enjoyed working with the Aston Martin Racing Asia Team in the past, so there were plenty of familiar faces over the last few days. It was great to be back. The team and car showed real strength this weekend and in their previous debut in the Thai Super Series Singapore GP support races, where they won both events. We are motivated and focused on creating a winning streak together! "
 image.jpeg

With more than 20 podium finishes and victories in his racing career, Adam has already made a spectacular climb in Asian auto racing. In a short period of time, he went from winning "Rookie of the Year" awards to winning the Speed Festival three times and the Malaysian Endurance Championship twice.

Commercially, there are two objectives for this agreement. The first is to further cement the position of Aston Martin and the Aston Martin Racing Asia Team at the apex of motorsport in the region as the dominant team and the "go to" automobile. Second, the enormous popularity of motorsport in Asia offers sponsors an excellent platform by fusing the sport's elite profile with its inherent adrenalin rush, panache, and exhilaration.

image.png

The company behind Aston Martin Racing Asia is Motorsports Services Aston Martin Racing Asia (MSAA), the official representative and distributor for Aston Martin Racing in Asia, Aston Martin Racing offers a soul-stirring range of Vantage GT variants, including the Vantage GT3, the GT8R and the GT4. It operates in countries from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, and South Korea in the north, through to all Southeast Asia. Aston Martin Racing Asia also provides on-site parts support to teams and individuals competing in the region, along with engineering and technical support.

image.png

"This is a great opportunity for the Aston Martin brand to gain further recognition in the region," said team principal Weiron Tan. "After the weekend we just had, we will redouble our efforts.  There is great potential for the future."

To further celebrate i8 Vantage GT4 momentous debut in the Thai Super Series, complete ownership of an Aston Martin Vantage GT4 and a complimentary enrolment in the Racing Training Experience Program will be given away to one lucky winner, along with other prizes worth up to USD $1,000,000.

Discover more about the Thai Super Series and Aston Martin Racing Asia

• Like 1