is the weather bad right now to come to koh samui?

NE monsoon has kicked in for good 

Heavy seas and heavy rain for the next 2 months 

I believe Samui doesnt get the full mayhem (and duration) we get further south but be warned.

I have come to dread this time of year. ????????

Screenshot_20221106_061004.jpg

48 minutes ago, VinnieK said:

I believe Samui doesnt get the full mayhem (and duration) we get further south but be warned.

45 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Usually it rains more in the week before full moon, and is quite good weather in the week after. Right now a lot of rain.

Samui does not have one weather pattern.

It can be 'cats and dogs' in one location but dry in others.

Persistent rain yesterday. Some local flooding. Mostly gone when the tide abated. Lots of sunshine last week where I am.

Windguru shows moderate rain at the moment, but nothing that I can see along the north coast. Looks like it might be raining over to the west.

Tomorrow light rain in places. Back to normal Tuesday.

I have found Windguru to be fairly accurate for a 4 - 5 day period.

https://www.windguru.cz/30397

Edited by Tropicalevo

Some of us locals use the weather forecast to check what the weather is likely to be in both the very close future and a few days ahead – however, if you ask a local what the weather is like, it can be me telling you that the sun is hing over Maenam Bay from a clear sky, while someone else can tell you that it's pouring down in Lamai; will that be of any help? – an excellent regularly updated weather forecast by the hour is this one HERE.

If you wish to know how the downpour situation is right now, then use Surat Thani weather radar, where you for example can se the rainy clouds over Lamai and the clear sky over Maenam... – use the loop option to see how the cluds are moving – link HERE.

If you wish a graphic prediction of the future, the this one HERE is excellent, times are UTC/GMT...????

On 11/6/2022 at 7:23 AM, KhunLA said:

November being one of the worst months to be on Samui. 

I remember a particularly terrible November when many beach side businesses were hard hit with damages.

Since then the "don't go Samui in November" always in my mind.

• Like 1