ATM ate my card and locked up

Only once had a problem with my card (a foreign card) being spat out without the money. Yes, only using ATMs in the bank is safer. Better still do not use an ATM at all but do a counter withdrawal - especially if a foreign card where being eaten becomes  a major problem - only takes a few minutes longer (or plan ahead and go when the bank is quiet, only 2-3 minutes lost), and save the ATM fee if a foreign card at most banks.

23 hours ago, nickmondo said:

get rid of all atm and deibit cards.

use your banking app to pay for everything and to get money from the ATM

there have been loads of people fleeced using cards, me being one of them, althought i did get my money back.

Disagree debit cards and credit cards are essential for travel banking apps are OK for your own banking or transfers into your debit card if you need to withdrawal cash not everyone has bank account in the country you are visiting let alone how difficult it is open an account on tourist  visa. You still need cash in your pocket I'm not one who agrees with the Cashless society bs of wef lmf government over reach into your finances Canadian trucker protest showed me what's about to happen good citizens bad citizens 

Edited by Mad mick

23 hours ago, nickmondo said:

get rid of all atm and deibit cards.

use your banking app to pay for everything and to get money from the ATM

there have been loads of people fleeced using cards, me being one of them, althought i did get my money back.

No disagree