'Incorrect' Name on Bangkok Airways Ticket Booking

siftasam

I've just booked two flights on Bangkok Airways. One was Chiang Mai to BKK and on the online application I foolishly did not write my FULL correct name as it appears on my UK Passport.

I omitted my two middle names. I just provided my first Christian name and my surname.

Bangkok Airways did clearly state that the name must be the same as on my passport and that I could not modify the name later when the booking was reserved.

What do you think please?

1. Will I be refused a Boarding Pass at the check-in counter?

2. Or will I be 'blocked' later at Security? (or wherever else I have to show the Passport and the Boarding Pass)?

3. If I Self-check in by machine and choose to scan my Passport will my correct full name be printed on my Boarding Pass?

4. Is it safer just to buy another ticket in my correct full name?

Thanks for any advice.

You have not entered "incorrectly". Can't see you having any problem as your First (Christian) and Last (Surname) names are correctly entered. I have two middle names and have never used them on any flight bookings (though not flown Bangkok Airways). Never had any issue at all. Why not call the airline reservations number and ask?

Edited by soi3eddie
  • Like 1

Thanks for all the replies.

Thanks for the phone number mark5335. I will call them.

The same thing I see has now happened with my booking on Swissair. I checked that very thoroughly before submitting it but again the email confirmation has omitted my two middle names. I will call them too. 

I'm developing a phobia about being refused boarding on flights! - but you guys have done your best to reassure me, thanks!

But I'm having an 'Identity Crisis'(!)

I'm confused. My Halifax Bank VISA card has my first Christian name and then 'S' for the first letter of my second Christian name - then the surname.

My SCB card has no name on  it all.

Doesn't it all matter any more? Don 't I matter any more?

It will not be a problem. I never use my middle name on flight bookings. Neither did my employer who sent me around the world for 2 decades. Its a bit confusing when they state "Must match name in passport". This is obviously not correct. I have done this dozens of times with BKK airways, first and surname only. Never had an issue.

• Thanks 1

So funny! 

I am very happy to stand corrected, Appletons! 

(p.s. if Southgate plays a back four in Qatar, who is the central defender?)

And thanks, Major Tom! You've reassured me that I'll be 'sitting in my tin can far above the world'.

(p.p.s. My Thai driving licence has my full name on it. You think that might impress Security in Zurich should they query my name?)

Face with Tears of Joy on WhatsApp 2.22.8.79