Can my Thai wife get a mortgage with no work history?

5 hours ago, keithkarmann said:

Change of plan, now when we move to Chiang Mai and buy a house, my wife wants her younger sister to move in with us. She will hopefully be going to a University in CM. When I asked if she will be contributing towards her keep I thought WW3 was going to break out. She does come across as a lazy person. So to cut a long story short I am not looking at buying a house now as I would not be able to keep calm if her sister got a part time job and went out clubbing every night and I may be stuck at home unable financially to go out myself.

Have not told my wife yet but I think now we are looking for a rental and give my wife time to build up a business before we buy.

Welcome to Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, sidjameson said:

Would you recommend a Thai to buy a house in England in someone elses name?

If they could easily afford it and wanted to, why not? I have bought many properties here in my wife's name... I look at it as a gift - - though I am not sure why anyone might want to own a house in England... though an old friend of mine just bought a condo in london, he seems to be enjoying that for a couple of months a year.

• 1 month later...
On 12/3/2022 at 1:56 PM, keithkarmann said:

Change of plan, now when we move to Chiang Mai and buy a house, my wife wants her younger sister to move in with us. She will hopefully be going to a University in CM. When I asked if she will be contributing towards her keep I thought WW3 was going to break out. She does come across as a lazy person. So to cut a long story short I am not looking at buying a house now as I would not be able to keep calm if her sister got a part time job and went out clubbing every night and I may be stuck at home unable financially to go out myself.

Have not told my wife yet but I think now we are looking for a rental and give my wife time to build up a business before we buy.

You are too nice!

Tell your wife she needs to get a full time job when you move to CM.  

Rent a place for a few years while she saves up some money. 

Then buy a house together. 

If she is unwilling to work or contribute anything, or put in any effort, then forget it. 

I would not be buying a house for someone who wanted to live off me like a parasite getting a free ride. 

Oh, and I would not buy her her own busness either.  She needs a proper job, not lazing around, playing on her phone in an empty coffee shop paid for by you.  

Edited by jak2002003