APEC and overstay

I read an article that immigration had 500 officers looking for overstayer (before the APEC meeting) in Bangkok and  neighbours. I need to travel by bus from Pattaya to Wang Nam Khiao, get my stuff and back the same day to the airport and leave. Will use the Srimongkol company bus, the one that travel into Sri Racha, Chonburi etc. As i wrote there is a  overstay problem: there is any danger about an immigration check points on the way? Thank you for any reply.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, marin said:

So are you on overstay, if not whats the worry? Although I dont think they will be stopping buses. 

Yes, I am few weeks. You are right, they never stop buses as I do the routes many times in the past years, but just concerned about the APEC and what immigration and RTP said. Thank you for your answer. Appreciate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mino said:

As i wrote there is a  overstay problem: there is any danger about an immigration check points on the way?

Not sure what you are asking about. 

Perhaps looking for reassurance. 

Having 2 week overstay can be detected at any time.

Traveling via bus unlikely to be checked, however pretty poor planning. 

Pity you need to travel upcountry a bus Pattaya to BKK would be bullet proof. 

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Not sure what you are asking about. 

Perhaps looking for reassurance. 

Having 2 week overstay can be detected at any time.

Traveling via bus unlikely to be checked, however pretty poor planning. 

Pity you need to travel upcountry a bus Pattaya to BKK would be bullet proof. 

Do you mean that going directly from Pattaya to Bangkok is "potentially" less risky than going through Chonburi and then continuing without entering Bangkok? Always aware that I made a mistake to finish in overstay.

Thank you for your answers. Appreciate.

4 minutes ago, Crossy said:

If the bus routes avoid going through BKK itself I doubt anyone would be remotely interested.

It doesn't go into Bkk. 

Once left the new Chonburi bus station, will continue through Sukhumvit road for few km and after make a left turn into a secondary road.

Appreciate your answers. Thank you.

Went to Wang Nam Khiao and back to Suvarnabhumi all ok. Even not a police checkpoints. Overstay cleared at airport, back in Thailand next week. Want to thank you all of you for answer me and not judge for the overstay. It was a mistake that will never ever happen again. Thank you to all of you.

• Thumbs Up 2