Fast track Survanabhumi aiport.

I never have. 

The fast-track is not especially privileged. Any old people, any business class, any monks, any pregnant, and on and on, and then anyone prepared to pay around 1,000 baht to the various companies offering a VIP service. 

But if the queues ever again returned to the terrible levels of 2018 (?) when they reached the frontpages then I would consider it. But even at their worst, it was only at certain times (my memory is mid-afternoon was worst). 

I went through the all-new standard Immigration a couple of weeks back and it was remarkable. I think it was 3 minutes of waiting and processing. 

The fingerprinting has made the ID check extremely quick and certain. The computerisation of visas has removed paperwork and removed unnecessary dithering.

...So the system can now focus on dodgy tourists and problem arrivals. Those re-entering with 1 year visa extensions can now easily be waved through. 

The next step would be for Immigration to allow anyone with a re-entry permit to enter via the "Thai Only" gates as is the case in Japan (with foreigners entering under "Japanese Only" points of entry). 

• Thanks 2

It has been a couple of years but I bought the service for my grandson who was a teenager at the time. The service ensured he had no problems at Immigration or Customs and delivered him to the meeting point to meet us. Maybe unnecessary and over priced but I was satisfied the grandson got to us without a problem. Used the service sending him back home also.

13 minutes ago, asiaexpat said:

It has been a couple of years but I bought the service for my grandson who was a teenager at the time. The service ensured he had no problems at Immigration or Customs and delivered him to the meeting point to meet us. Maybe unnecessary and over priced but I was satisfied the grandson got to us without a problem. Used the service sending him back home also.

underage travelling is free service by all airlines. They are taken by carer from departure, through transfer to exit at destination. Most probably through fast lane, to save time for those carers. 

3 hours ago, sungod said:

have never noticed that in the last 12 years.

I did but because I know I have legit reasons of stay, I still use the service most times. They look trough my papers more at fast track. Usually it's also a way higher rank officer.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, internationalism said:

underage travelling is free service by all airlines. They are taken by carer from departure, through transfer to exit at destination. Most probably through fast lane, to save time for those carers. 

The child must be between the ages of 5 and 15 years (up to but not including the 16th birthday). Grandson was 16.

I have read the replies.

So flying out next week to Oz and return in couple of weeks into BKK.

Currently have issue with leg post operation.

Walking with forearm stick and standing for very long is an issue.

I see link above from ThaivisaCenter.

Can  anyone suggest alternative to who I should contact for service to fast track.

Naturally don't mind paying.

Not trying to que jump just concerned long standing wait an issue/not possible.

Edited by DrJack54

9 minutes ago, internationalism said:

just contact your airline, they will take care of you at all steps of journey. Included in your fare.

As airport doesn't want those carers to be stacked in waiting lines, you will be taken by priority channels, they will collect your bag, wheel you our through customs to taxi stand

@DrJack54 - I suggest that you specifically ask your airline to provide you with wheelchair assistance to guide you through the various stages between your arrival at the airport and boarding your flight. That's what I did for my latest European trip a few months back on account of my disability, and I can confirm that what @internationalism has said 100% reflected my experience on that occasion.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I have read the replies.

Can  anyone suggest alternative to who I should contact for service to fast track.

PM sent.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

I did but because I know I have legit reasons of stay, I still use the service most times. They look trough my papers more at fast track. Usually it's also a way higher rank officer.

I breeze through once or twice a month on average, normal immigration officers on the desk I use.

I think you guys are imagining things to be honest.......

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I have read the replies.

Talk to your airline

On 11/11/2022 at 3:06 PM, BritTim said:

There have been reports on here to the effect that , while it does avoid queuing, it has no other benefit. If anything, the scrutiny from the officials is even greater than at the regular desks.

When using our VIP Fast Track services you are pre-screened as well, and should not encounter any surprises.

Personally, over 70 as I am, I buy a normal air ticket and just go through the 'Priority' channel at security at BKK when leaving, and on return, late September, I did the same - though the priority channel on entry has now been moved to the adjacent left of the main entry point. (It used to be 20 metres further on).

No problem. No pre booking. No fees. No hassle.

If you are disabled, the Airline should take you right through that same route.

ATB

Edited by TorquayFan