Cambodia demands ‘justice and truth’ from from those who allege Chinese troops are at Ream Naval Base

geovalin

Cambodia has issued a strongly worded rebuttal to those who make allegations that there are Chinese troops in Cambodia.

Speaking at the post-ASEAN Press Conference on the evening of November 12, 2022, Dr. Kong Phok, Official Spokesperson of the ASEAN Summit and Related Meetings 2022, received questions from the media regarding the statement of the US White House, which raised concerns about the presence of Chinese troops at the Ream Naval Base in Sihanoukville on the occasion of a bilateral meeting between President Joe Biden and Prime Minister Hun Sen.

Mr. Kong Phok explained that Cambodia has already provided many answers to the allegations and doubts surrounding this issue. He added that Cambodia did not hide the Chinese army at the Ream naval base and that Cambodia has even allowed the US Joint Chiefs of Staff and representatives of the Australian Embassy to visit the site. He stressed that these are expressions of honesty and transparency to foreign friends as well as international partners to clear any doubts.

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/501183694/cambodia-demands-justice-and-truth-from-from-those-who-allege-chinese-troops-are-at-ream-naval-base/

kc-cam2607_2x.jpg.2b2cb86f6ec048c16dbe92195ac50dd5.jpg

Well yeah, officially they are likely never there, as they never formally check in when arriving on their ships. The sattelite images are very clear about this deep water naval base and it's term and conditions + the lack of actual tourists, or it being open to other foreigners.

Have to say I am still surprised that Biden actually flew to Phnom Penh, for what purpose? His last holiday trip alive? Or because BKK was so busy and they had a new airport?

Edited by ChaiyaTH

1 hour ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Well yeah, officially they are likely never there, as they never formally check in when arriving on their ships. The sattelite images are very clear about this deep water naval base and it's term and conditions + the lack of actual tourists, or it being open to other foreigners.

Have to say I am still surprised that Biden actually flew to Phnom Penh, for what purpose? His last holiday trip alive? Or because BKK was so busy and they had a new airport?

It's not deep water there.

Naval bases don't allow tourists in  anywhere. Try to get in the naval base in Chiang Khong.

2 hours ago, my friend I said:

It's not deep water there.

Naval bases don't allow tourists in  anywhere. Try to get in the naval base in Chiang Khong.

I guess you are not aware of it. It is about the huge resort they leased for 100 years + to the Chinese, where they are building on a deep water naval base, which they deny to be(come) a naval base.

It never was about Cambodia's existing naval base, even this story might be for some troops.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...