CIGNA Global Expat insurance - happy with it?

Sandboxer

Thinking about getting the CIGNA Global Expat (Asia only, for Thailand where I will reside, and Korea where I will visit a lot) insurance.

Got a quote, see below, for under THB 80k/year. Chose a plan that has no deductibles/no cost share, and seems to have a good coverage for most eventualities. I'm 50 yrs old.  Any of you have experience with them?

I don't care about the amount, just the quality of service.

I require a dual-country policy (TH & S. KOREA) so most of the usual local suspects like Axa don;t work. If anyone has any other suggestions, feel free to suggest~

Screenshot (61).png

Edited by Sandboxer

Worth checking if they pay up front or whether you have to pay and claim back  I saw a thread a few weeks back saying that hospitals didn't accept Cigna.

They will certainly be better than the Thai insurers.Most people have a deductable of 40k+ baht plus don't bother with outpatient coverage as it's relatively cheap here to pay yourself

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Worth checking if they pay up front or whether you have to pay and claim back

Yes, this is my one main non-negotiable condition. Which insurance companies are able to do direct billing with BDMS hospitals? Their website doesn't list companies...

https://www.bdms.co.th/patient-services

Would be pretty pathetic if one of ASEANS biggest advertisers (CIGNA's links are plastered all over this site) isn't accepted.

Edited by Sandboxer

Since the quote posted mentions stamp duty, I think the quote comes from Cigna's Thai company. Policies issued by insurers in Thailand are usually less broad in coverage than those issued by offshore insurers. I understand that Cigna's office in Singapore, and perhaps elsewhere, will insure expats living in Thailand. Coverage would probably be broader from those Cigna offices.

You might wish to consider using a broker to help you find the best insurer and plan. A broker can also help if you have issues with claims.

• Like 1

that list might be some 23 years old, when this agent published his website.

Probably some of those companies don't exist anymore.

Order of insurers might be just random. Nothing to do with quality, value for money. Maybe in order of value of sale they were doing at that time.

In their algorytm of insurers they list only 6 companies. I think in the past there were more. I think over time they have removed less reliable, less popular.

But they state, that they cooperate with 35 insurers and will give you quatation for any. 

Edited by internationalism

20 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Says who?

The list is even headed - "in Thailand".

Many long running threads on health Insurance on here where it has been suggested that going with an International provider will provide longer term benefits/protection potentially than with a Thai based provider. Depends if you want for only a few years or to keep into your dotage............

Cigna is a very recognised name in International Health Insurance. Another popularish choice has been April International - who also have April Thailand policies.

The OP has fairly specific requirements however.

I have heard of all but 1 of the companies mentioned in that list - does not mean I would consider them for health insurance ........

20 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Bupa and Axa are well known UK companies.

Axa is actuall French.........

• 4 weeks later...