Switch on Grid Export on Solar Inverter

Further to my previous post above, I did a 'reverse test' this morning e.g. the system was in normal EXPORT mode and I activated the NO EXPORT switch. 

Looking at the meter prior to activating the NO EXPORT mode the meter was happily spinning backwards, albeit slowly due to a lot of haze.  Looking at the meter soon after activating the NO EXPORT mode the meter started spinning in the normal direction (anticlockwise).  Looking at the system monitoring facility, the inverter clearly showed that it was aware that the CT was connected (NO EXPORT mode).

I left the system in the NO EXPORT mode for about 10 minutes and then went back into EXPORT mode.  The meter was spinning backwards again, indicating that the inverter was now allowing excess power to feed into the grid.

So I think that it is fair to say that my Sofar 2200TL-3G GTI is capable of knowing when the CT is, or is not, connected and reacts accordingly by allowing or preventing excess power being exported.  Thankfully there appears to be no adverse affects resulting from my little tests.

Please note that my observations may, or may not, apply to other makes/models of inverter.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yeah ^^^.

We have the 6kW version of the same inverter which generally behaves in the same way.

BUT

I've noticed that if it's in no-export with a low load it will shut down one of the two MPPTs. If you then enable export that MPPT will NOT re-start until the inverter has had a snooze (overnight or a reboot).

It's also worth noting that the Sofar on-grid hybrids don't like having the CT disconnected at all and will throw an error and fail to start.

• Thumbs Up 1

Can anyone tell me the cost to send to the grid and sign up for it? 

And the other question  do you need 3 Phase to send back? 

We only have 1 transformer at the end of our road to feed the whole road so i am told we have to have 3 phase to send to grid to get paid, is that true?

Thanks

Edited by bingo5501