Service fees for household and small business electricity use to be cut Jan-Apr

snoop1130

AAA5C0CC-9837-46A2-8A54-FA5D0EB19AC9.jpeg

Thailand’s Energy Regulatory Commission (ERC) has ordered the Metropolitan Electricity Authority (MEA) and Provincial Electricity Authority (PEA) to cut their service fees charged on households and small businesses from next January.

Komkrit Tantravanich, secretary-general of the ERC Office, said today (Monday) that the they have agreed that the service fees should be reduced to 24.62 baht from 38.22 baht/month and from 46.16 baht to 33.29 baht per month, effective from next January until April.

He added, however, that it is difficult for the fuel tariff (FT) to be reduced to the level it was before the COVID-19 outbreak three years ago, due to the high price of liquefied natural gas on the global market as a result of the war in Ukraine and the weak Thai currency.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/service-fees-for-household-and-small-business-electricity-use-to-be-cut-jan-apr/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-11-14

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

What!

in the first scenario, the FT rate for the January-April period will be 224.98 satang

that is a very big increase over the 93.40 Satang which it is now for users who use a lot of Electricity (over 500 Units)

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1

So basically the news is that electricity is increasing by 30-40% or so in January, to allow EGAT to recover losses in 1-2 years, and if it stays at 4.72 baht, then EGAT will need to be refinanced by government from taxes as they'll incur another 50 billion baht losses (from 120 to 170 billion baht) in the next year.

With Electricity prices due to rise by these very large amounts, Thailand can expect its Export Market and Manufacturing to plummet.

There will also be lay-offs in the Factories Etc.

Inflation will get another shot in the arm, and rise by at least another 2 %

Welcome to the real World that the reliance on Soviet Gas has generated. 

With the abundance of a Natural resource called the Sun, Thailand has been very lax in Solar generation, and now the Consumers have to pay the price

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

2X mama meals for the lower end... don't mock it.

This helps some people on the bread line.

But its for every one ...would been better to give your share and any one with a bill over 1000b give more to people who need it...as 14 bhat to all is reducucules.

They didn't mention that they want to increase the unit price to AT LEAST 5.37 starting next year. This will increase the price of many other products and services too. But good that there is only little inflation... By the way - yesterday I tried to buy the US mustard at Tops that I always use. Costs suddenly almost twice as much... ????????

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, yeahbutif said:

But its for every one ...would been better to give your share and any one with a bill over 1000b give more to people who need it...as 14 bhat to all is reducucules.

They are welcome to my share.. as you say for the rich and poor alike the saving is ridiculous????

Edited by hotchilli

On 11/14/2022 at 5:49 PM, MJCM said:

If your frugal enough yes, but normally that is nearly impossible to stay under 50 Units a month

40W Fan used 12 hrs a day = 14 Units per month

50W Light used 6 hrs a day = 9 units per month

350W Rice Cooker 1 hrs a day = 10 units per mont

That is 33 units already (only)

And not talking about the Water heater (shower / pump) etc etc etc

https://www.rapidtables.com/calc/electric/energy-consumption-calculator.html

Put some baht to those numbers.

It's very interesting.

Or do have a way to calculate the amounts?

3 hours ago, MJCM said:

I can tell you tmrw when I am behind a pc, what figures do you want?

Im trying to figure how much my pool pump uses each day. 

I bought these cool automated plugs that tell me my energy usage.

3.9 kWh daily. 

Screenshot_20221115_221415_Smart Life.jpg

Edited by MrJ2U

6 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Im trying to figure how much my pool pump uses each day. 

I bought these cool automated plugs that tell me my energy usage.

3.9 kWh daily. 

Screenshot_20221115_221415_Smart Life.jpg

Approx 4,5 THB per kWh thus around 18 THB per day.

To actual find out how much your pump costs per day, you need to get a current electricity bill, divide the total amount on there by the total kWh used, you get a price per kWh and then multiply that price by the kWh you found with your smart meter. But 2 more things to clarify.

1- Electricity price is on a sliding scale so the more you use in a month the more expensive it gets. (Prices listed are not TOU)

The 3 prices are

0 - 150 kWh = 3,2484 THB per kWh

151 - 400 kWh = 4,2218 THB per kWh

> 400 kWh = 4,4217 THB per kWh

3- The Price of the electricity (listed under #1) is not the only factor, what you also have to add is VAT (7% at the moment), Ft (Fuel Surcharge which will increase a lot in January) and the Standard Service Charge.

Hope this helps a bit

Edited by MJCM
SpElLiNg