Concerns voiced over COVID Deltacron XBC sub-variant

webfact

7 hours ago, ukrules said:

They sequenced its entire genome back in 2020, and have been doing so with samples on a very regular basis ever since, tracking the evolution of this microbe.

How did they do that if still there isn't an available sample in any labs? 

????

13 hours ago, garrya said:

How did they do that if still there isn't an available sample in any labs? 

????

Why do you keep saying this nonsense, when I have literally posted a catalog page showing you can buy a tube of Omicron variant isolated Sars-Cov-2 virus from the European Virus archive, for 2500 euros?

Following that link will show you that many other samples of the Covid virus are readily available for purchase too, from the same source.

I can only imagine the psychological contortions you will go through trying to deny this definite proof that your claim- that no-one has isolated the Covid virus- is completely absurd.

However while you are trying to deny that, here is a completely separate source for the virus. It is the ATCC  [American Tissue Type Collection] a US not-for-profit source for cells, viruses, bacteria and other types of biological samples for academic research labs.  You will either have to claim this 100 year old world famous reputable bioresearch source[ see second picture below] doesn't exist, or doesn't really have SARS-Cov-2 available for $1,248 a vial!

https://www.atcc.org/products/vr-1986hk

ATCC catalog.png

ATCC History.png

Edited by partington

On 11/16/2022 at 11:44 AM, PJ71 said:

I would suggest coz no one really cares about covid any more...

you might not, but immune compromised people certainly do.

And that still doesn't make it scaremongering by reporting on what is happening with the virus 

Edited by PremiumLane

On 11/16/2022 at 9:36 PM, Eleftheros said:

Truth, facts, evidence and reality are irrelevant in the Covid era. Don't you know that?

You must follow the official narrative, even if you think it is absurd. Haven't you been watching the BBC, CNN or MSNBC and other mainstream news outlets? They always tell the truth.

If you don’t follow the narrative, you will soon be targeted by the cens…..I mean…fact checkers

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Eleftheros said:

Organizations call themselves 'fact-checkers' for the same reason that North Korea calls itself a "Democratic People's Republic".

Not unlike the "Do your own research" crew who's general idea of "research" is to head to youtube and search for crackpot outliers of opinion and if they have "sciencey" letters after their name they then break out the baby oil such is their enthusiasm... but hey, enjoy your journey.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eleftheros said:

Organizations call themselves 'fact-checkers' for the same reason that North Korea calls itself a "Democratic People's Republic".

You don't support having fact checkers? Some people like to know when politicians are telling lies.

• Like 1

On 11/16/2022 at 5:01 PM, daveAustin said:

As opposed too what, meaningless dribble on the likes of facebook and other 'out there' junk? Always cringe when folk say don't read MSM, do your own research etc, which basically means they'll believe anything other than what the big researchers have found out. The earth is automatically flat if the BBC or CNN say it's round, etc etc. ????

Yep.

Unsurprisingly, these are the same slow kids who believed a career con man and reality TV star with virtually no experience in government would make a great POTUS.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, HighPriority said:

Not unlike the "Do your own research" crew who's general idea of "research" is to head to youtube and search for crackpot outliers of opinion and if they have "sciencey" letters after their name they then break out the baby oil such is their enthusiasm... but hey, enjoy your journey.

Well, it's not such a strict binary as that, is it?

It is possible to be skeptical of self-appointed media fact-checkers and also be capable of reading original research in scientific journals such as BMJ or Nature.

Where it starts to get silly is when you have a spotty teenage intern at Twitter claiming they know more virology than a man who has spent 30 years studying that science and has several patents for work in that field, while the interns insist they have grounds for banning the scientist for "disinformation".

A society where the ignorant censor the wise cannot possibly flourish, and this brainless censorship is certainly a contributory factor to the appalling train wreck that was - and is - government Covid policy across much of the West.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eleftheros said:

Well, it's not such a strict binary as that, is it?

It is possible to be skeptical of self-appointed media fact-checkers and also be capable of reading original research in scientific journals such as BMJ or Nature.

Where it starts to get silly is when you have a spotty teenage intern at Twitter claiming they know more virology than a man who has spent 30 years studying that science and has several patents for work in that field, while the interns insist they have grounds for banning the scientist for "disinformation".

A society where the ignorant censor the wise cannot possibly flourish, and this brainless censorship is certainly a contributory factor to the appalling train wreck that was - and is - government Covid policy across much of the West.

Your second and third paragraphs make sense, but then you let yourself down by not appreciating that politicians act with similar biases as the general population.

What they should have done was listen to actual scientists and then translated that science speak into a language of and for the people… instead many pushed their own self inflated personal opinions at the expense of experts in the field of virology and vaccination.

1 hour ago, HighPriority said:

Your second and third paragraphs make sense, but then you let yourself down by not appreciating that politicians act with similar biases as the general population.

What they should have done was listen to actual scientists and then translated that science speak into a language of and for the people… instead many pushed their own self inflated personal opinions at the expense of experts in the field of virology and vaccination.

I appreciate the human failings of politicians very well, which is why I described the brainless censorship of accredited experts as a "contributory factor" rather than the whole reason for the comedy of murderous errors which comprised Covid policy.

The myriad failings of politicians are too big a subject to be tackled here, so I will stick to my limited point that having ignorant self-appointed 'fact-checkers' censoring experienced and well-credentialed scientists is not a recipe for success for society - or for science, or for trust in institutions.

38 minutes ago, Eleftheros said:

I appreciate the human failings of politicians very well, which is why I described the brainless censorship of accredited experts as a "contributory factor" rather than the whole reason for the comedy of murderous errors which comprised Covid policy.

The myriad failings of politicians are too big a subject to be tackled here, so I will stick to my limited point that having ignorant self-appointed 'fact-checkers' censoring experienced and well-credentialed scientists is not a recipe for success for society - or for science, or for trust in institutions.

Credible fact checkers bow to acknowledged experts in their respective fields…

I do believe that all fact checkers are not equal, but then again “poor” fact checkers are not fact checkers at all, they are lobbyists.