Legal firm to get marriage visa (Pattaya area)?

Hello - thanks in advance for any help...

I would like to switch from the retirement visa to a marriage visa.  The wrinkle is that I married my Thai wife in the US, so we only have a US marriage certificate.  Been to the town hall 3 times now and not making any progress.

Does anyone know a legal firm in the Pattaya area that helps with marriage visas?

Thanks

-a

44 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Have you had your marriage certificate legalized in the country where you got or at your embassy if they do them,

Then it has to be translated to Thai and the translation be certified by the Department of Consular Affairs of the MFA in Bangkok,

After the above you will have to register your foreign marriage at a Amphoe to get a Kor Ror 22 marriage registry that immigration requires,

That has been discussed many times in the Marriage and Divorce forum.

Thanks - I did look in the Marriage & Divorce forum.  Was hoping to get a legal firm help because we have gotten multiple different stories when we ask for info/requirements depend upon who we speak with. But maybe it's too pricey?

We did not do the legalization process before we moved here. And I read in a different post that - rather than try that - we could do an Affidavit and then go to Dept of Consular Affairs.  Do you think that's possible?

Thanks...

-a

12 minutes ago, AP2019 said:

And I read in a different post that - rather than try that - we could do an Affidavit and then go to Dept of Consular Affairs.  Do you think that's possible?

If the affidavit for the self certification is done and signed at your embassy it will be accepted.

It would need to be translated to Thai and certified by the DCA. They will certify the translation and confirm the signature of the consular officer that witnessed your signature on the affidavit,

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If the affidavit for the self certification is done and signed at your embassy it will be accepted.

It would need to be translated to Thai and certified by the DCA. They will certify the translation and confirm the signature of the consular officer that witnessed your signature on the affidavit,

Ok terrific!  That sounds doable... thanks for your help!

-a