Koh Samui retirement extension - staying in hotel/short-stay - "rental contract"?

I raised this question in the context of another thread but no-one addressed it so giving it it's own topic here.   Question:

Has anyone done the retirement extension at Samui while staying in a hotel/short-stay accommodation?  If so how did you handle the requirement for the "house rental contract and copy of your household book" which are on the Samui office document list?   Does Samui Immigration accept a hotel booking confirmation as a "house rental contract"?  (I guess the household book part shouldn't be that hard because every hotel should have one.)

I am sure they will want to see a longer stay than one at a hotel. If you could get proof from the hotel stating you will be staying longer than few days they might accept it.

Immigration requires that to prevent people from going to a different office than where they are actually living to do the application.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I am sure they will want to see a longer stay than one at a hotel. If you could get proof from the hotel stating you will be staying longer than few days they might accept it.

Immigration requires that to prevent people from going to a different office than where they are actually living to do the application.

Thanks.  If that's important, I wonder why Chaeng Wattana does not require a lease (at least they didn't in the many years I lived in Bangkok, i.e. up to 2020). 

32 minutes ago, PumpkinEater said:

I was required to have at least a one year lease contract for the extension Samui.

Cheers!

Did they check any other details?  Last year in Samui I gave them a lease but they didn’t seem to read past the first few lines, to identify the names and property (not surprising since it was in English and legalese). 

Edited by TerraplaneGuy

1 hour ago, TerraplaneGuy said:

Did they check any other details?  Last year in Samui I gave them a lease but they didn’t seem to read past the first few lines, to identify the names and property (not surprising since it was in English and legalese). 

It really is crazy if they require a one year lease. Effectively means retirees have to stay locked in place for a year.  Nothing in the law says that. 

53 minutes ago, TerraplaneGuy said:

It really is crazy if they require a one year lease. Effectively means retirees have to stay locked in place for a year.  Nothing in the law says that. 

Samui immigration live their own life with their own rules, you probably don't gain anything from discussing the law with them. The pinned Samui-immigration thread in the local forum is the best way to get information.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Samui immigration live their own life with their own rules, you probably don't gain anything from discussing the law with them. The pinned Samui-immigration thread in the local forum is the best way to get information.

Thing is I posted this question in that thread in August and not only has no one replied, there don't seem to be any posts in the thread by anybody since then.  Wonder why it's so quiet ...

3 hours ago, TerraplaneGuy said:

Thing is I posted this question in that thread in August and not only has no one replied, there don't seem to be any posts in the thread by anybody since then.  Wonder why it's so quiet ...

Because nothing has changed during the last year or so.