Body Of French Tourist Lost In Jungle For 5 Days Found

webfact

image.jpeg

The French tourist who died in Surat Thani against a backdrop of the forest he got lost in. Photo: Matichon

by TNR Staff

A BIG search in a Surat Thani jungle for a Frenchman missing for five days ended this afternoon (Nov. 17) after his body was found down a steep cliff by a large party of rescuers, Matichon newspaper said.

Mr. Gollino Cyrit Tizzlano, around 30 years of age, had been staying at Khao Sok Holiday Resort but disappeared on Nov. 12 after mentioning to the resort’s owner that he was going trekking.

Three villagers said the tourist had brought a drone along to fly at Khao Phanthurat hill outside Khao Sok National Park. The drone disappeared and it is likely that he went to search for it himself and might have had an accident and got stuck in the forest.

Full story: https://thainewsroom.com/2022/11/17/body-of-french-tourist-lost-in-jungle-for-5-days-found/

tn.jpg

-- © Copyright  THAI NEWSROOM 2022-11-18

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Stocky said:

The article referenced says 150m cliff.

The article on here is a bit confusing and typically contradict the information.  150 cliff not mentioned however a steep cliff and died from being lost made my confused old brain translate as a steep hill/incline. I imagine more information outside this article is available. Cliff's are normally described as high inclines as steep and people who fall or pushed off a cliff and die are normally described as death resulted from a fall from a cliff.

50 minutes ago, BritScot said:

150 cliff not mentioned

Not in the posted part of the article but it is in the link given to the full story.

https://thainewsroom.com/2022/11/17/body-of-french-tourist-lost-in-jungle-for-5-days-found/

I like to read the full story rather than the morsels served up by Aseanow

Edited by Stocky

On 11/19/2022 at 9:43 AM, Stocky said:

Not in the posted part of the article but it is in the link given to the full story.

https://thainewsroom.com/2022/11/17/body-of-french-tourist-lost-in-jungle-for-5-days-found/

I like to read the full story rather than the morsels served up by Aseanow

Yes your quite right but I spend enough time on Thaivisa as I want and always know when things are incorrect then those will inevitably be corrected from someone with more knowledge.