Thailand takes delivery of Textron T-6C turboprop trainers

webfact

image.jpeg

A rendering of the Textron T-6C with U.K. Royal Air Force roundel.

By Mike Yeo

Melbourne, Australia – Thailand has taken delivery of its first Textron Aviation T-6C Texan II turboprop trainers, with the Southeast Asian nation planning to use them for training and as light-armed aircraft.

Two T-6Cs arrived at the Royal Thai Air Force or RTAF base Kamphaeng Saen northeast of the Thai capital Bangkok, with a welcoming ceremony attended by senior RTAF officials and U.S. Ambassador to Thailand Robert F. Godec according to Thai defence blog thaiarmedforce.com.

Images and videos of the trainers released by the RTAF showed that they carried the U.S. civil aircraft registration N2773B and N2792B for their delivery flight.

Full story: https://www.defensenews.com/air/2022/11/17/thailand-takes-delivery-of-textron-t-6c-turboprop-trainers/

DEFENSE NEWS

2022-11-19

3 hours ago, ThaiFelix said:

Oh I thought the Textron T-6C Texan II turboprop trainers were some kind of running shoes that Thai pilots wore for doing a runner after they crash.

Exactly what I thought , Then i thought maybe they are some sort of baby under crackers with a fancy name.