won't get questioned at DMK or SUV airport?

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You will not be questioned when you enter the country unless you have gotten back to back visa exempt entries.

I want to depart and re-enter Thailand the same day, probably re-enter at DMK airport. That also won't be a problem?

27 minutes ago, agg211 said:

I want to depart and re-enter Thailand the same day, probably re-enter at DMK airport. That also won't be a problem?

It is the first time you did it back to back it should be a problem. Just be prepared to answer a few question about what you are doing here.

• Thanks 1

On 11/19/2022 at 4:10 AM, ubonjoe said:

You will not be questioned when you enter the country unless you have gotten back to back visa exempt entries.

I got questioned last week for visa exemption entry. No prior exemptions. no instant return (1 week in hcmc). Just 2x covid stamp + 1x TR60.

On 11/18/2022 at 7:10 PM, ubonjoe said:

Have the rules changed since it was two visa exempt entries allowed per calendar year by land or sea and unlimited by air?   I'm not following what back to back entries means.  Enter by air is one, leave and stamped into say Laos would be two then enter by land or air would be three right?

5 minutes ago, Slosheroni said:

Have the rules changed since it was two visa exempt entries allowed per calendar year by land or sea and unlimited by air?   I'm not following what back to back entries means.  Enter by air is one, leave and stamped into say Laos would be two then enter by land or air would be three right?

45 days leave then another 45 equals back to back.

10 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

45 days leave then another 45 equals back to back.

So is that ok? 

I take it this info is wrong then

"If entering Thailand by land or sea, eligible travelers holding normal passports will be granted visa-free travel to Thailand twice per calendar year. There is no limitation when entering by air."

https://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand-visa/thai-visa-exemption-and-bilateral-agreement

Edited by Slosheroni

10 minutes ago, Slosheroni said:

So is that ok? 

You'll be able to do it for a while then you'll start getting grief from Immi. They don't like people staying "too long" in the Kingdom on visa exempt entries. 

Pre-Covid there were many reports on here of folk being told "get a proper visa next time" or in extreme cases denied entry. Apparently they can't actually refuse entry because of "stay too much" so they were denying based on "having no visible means of support" because they didn't have cash equivalent of 20k baht on their person. 

There is no set limit so it will depend on the individual Immigration Officer and of course your entry history.

How long are you intending to stay?

PS. It is still two visa exempt entries per calender year by land.

Edited by Lemsta69

4 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

You'll be able to do it for a while then you'll start getting grief from Immi. They don't like people staying "too long" in the Kingdom on visa exempt entries. 

Pre-Covid there were many reports on here of folk being told "get a proper visa next time" or in extreme cases denied entry. Apparently they can't actually refuse entry because of "stay too much" so they were denying based on "having no visible means of support" because they didn't have cash equivalent of 20k baht on their person. 

There is no set limit so it will depend on the individual Immigration Officer and of course your entry history.

How long are you intending to stay?

PS. It is still two visa exempt entries per calender year by land.

Thanks.  I've enter by air and then by land twice in the same year before but that was in 2019.  I'm now hoping to enter by air then by land to stay 90 days while also applying for a 90 day non-o based on retirement.  I was more curious as I just read that the rule was unlimited by air and two by land in a year which is what it was before. When I read in this thread that two by air might be an issue I thought "now what changed again". It's hard to keep up.

13 minutes ago, Slosheroni said:

I'm now hoping to enter by air then by land to stay 90 days while also applying for a 90 day non-o based on retirement.

I take it you only want to stay 180 days and hence why you don't want to apply for non-O from your home country. 

With your history you will be fine to enter visa exempt and get 45 days (until March when it reverts to 30 days).

You can extend the visa exempt once for an additional 30 days. B1,900 at your nearest Immigration Office.

You should not have any trouble doing a border hop to get another visa exempt entry.

OR you could apply for a single entry Tourist Visa that will give you 60+30 days. Depending on your location you can use the new e-visa system that saves a trip to the Thai embassy/consulate AND a page in your passport. 

Edited by Lemsta69

25 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

I take it you only want to stay 180 days and hence why you don't want to apply for non-O from your home country. 

With your history you will be fine to enter visa exempt and get 45 days (until March when it reverts to 30 days).

You can extend the visa exempt once for an additional 30 days. B1,900 at your nearest Immigration Office.

You should not have any trouble doing a border hop to get another visa exempt entry.

OR you could apply for a single entry Tourist Visa that will give you 60+30 days. Depending on your location you can use the new e-visa system that saves a trip to the Thai embassy/consulate AND a page in your passport. 

I'm actually looking at staying long term and was going to apply for a 90-day non-O in Thailand and then get the one year extension.  It might be better to this with the 60 day tourist e-visa instead. 

6 minutes ago, Slosheroni said:

I'm actually looking at staying long term and was going to apply for a 90-day non-O in Thailand and then get the one year extension.  It might be better to this with the 60 day tourist e-visa instead. 

Why not apply for non-O in your home country? edit: I see you've covered this in another post.

Also which Immigration Office would you be intending to apply for the in-country "conversion" to non-O? A recent report has revealed that Jomtien are being difficult and asking for proof that B800k came from abroad AND has to have been in the bank for two months prior to application date. It should only be proof that funds came from O/S.

Edited by Lemsta69

4 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

Why not apply for non-O in your home country?

Also which Immigration Office would you be intending to apply for the in-country "conversion" to non-O? A recent report has revealed that Jomtien are being difficult and asking for proof that B800k came from abroad AND has to have been in the bank for two months prior to application date. It should only be proof that funds came from O/S.

This would be Sisaket.  I thought about applying for a non-O here in the US too but then there's the insurance requirement and I'd also have to deal with the Los Angeles consulate.  Proof of funds from overseas I plan to do via using Wise.  The issue will be if I get a bank opened quickly enough to have the funds in for 60 day if they want that. 

5 minutes ago, Slosheroni said:

This would be Sisaket.  I thought about applying for a non-O here in the US too but then there's the insurance requirement and I'd also have to deal with the Los Angeles consulate.  Proof of funds from overseas I plan to do via using Wise.  The issue will be if I get a bank opened quickly enough to have the funds in for 60 day if they want that. 

I don't know anything about Sisaket but I haven't seen any reports on here is them being difficult about the proof of funds. From overseas is the standard requirement for the initial. The two months prior to application date rule is for the subsequent one year extension.

Re Wise, there's a school of thought on this forum that Wise isn't that competitive for larger amounts. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Slosheroni said:

I spoke to an immigration officer when I arrived in late September she said there is no limit to the amount of visa exempt on arrival per year ( I am Australian)

17 minutes ago, darrenr said:

I spoke to an immigration officer when I arrived in late September she said there is no limit to the amount of visa exempt on arrival per year ( I am Australian)

That might be the technical answer for air entry but in practice the IOs will eventually give you grief about it if you "stay too long".