Dental Implant Dentist?

ricklev

Can anyone recommend a specific doctor by name that they have had a good experience with for a dental implant on Bangkok?  I'm also curious about people's experience with the different brands of implants.  There seems to be a lot of price variation. Finally, any comments about the implant process in general.  First time for me.  Thanks!

• 5 months later...
On 11/20/2022 at 12:40 AM, Lacessit said:

The best bone grafts are Swiss, Chinese material is inferior. That may explain some of the price variation. In Chiang Mai, my three implants were 55,000 baht each.

A quality implant takes time. Rapid implants have a failure rate of 40-50%. Good ones, less than 5%.

Im my case, after allowing an extraction to heal for six weeks, the bone graft material was laid in and the implant post screwed into my jaw. Come back in 3 months. Final stage was installing the cap on the post.

I had mine about 7 or 8 years ago, no problems afterwards.

The

That sounds like a good price. What dentist did you use? Also what type of implantc was it.  Thank you in advance.

Just now, THAIJAMES said:

That sounds like a good price. What dentist did you use? Also what type of implantc was it.  Thank you in advance.

I am not sure that price would hold from 8 years ago.

It was a post and screw implant, after a bone graft done immediately after the extraction. The bone graft material was a Swiss product, the dentist said it was better quality than Chinese graft material.

The dentist was practising at Elite Smile, on the corner of Pantip Plaza in Chiang Mai. They may have moved now.

• Like 1

I didn't have an implant yet, but I can tell you what my Thai dentist told me.

She quoted about 80,000B for the whole procedure for one molar tooth in her private clinic. Normally her prices are reasonable, and she has a good team and works in Bangkok since probably 20 years or more.

She told me there are lots of doctors out there who offer implants much cheaper. Bad material and bad work. It seems some implant companies make something like a weekend seminar how to do it, and then these doctors sell the procedures and do them. So be aware of "cheap" solutions.

And in case you don't know this already: Try to find a decent dentist with a private clinic. Many dentists who work in hospitals also have their private clinics. The difference is that hospitals charge a lot more for the same doctor and material. Obviously, the hospital wants to make money.

• Like 1

Our family dentist recommended a specific dental surgeon at NP International Dental Clinic for our daughter. She received her implant back in January and will have the crown fitted later this month when she returns from university in the US.  I'll dig out the name of the dentist and will DM you. He also practices at Chula and another major hospital, if I recall correctly.

https://www.facebook.com/np.idc/

• Like 1

Interesting note to my original post asking for help.  I was selling a couple of nice Ikea rugs on Facebook and someone came to my condo to pick them up.  This was just a couple of days after posting this.  We chatted a bit and it turned out that he was head of periodontics and implant surgery at the hospital of the  same major Thai university that I work at.   

The exact person I needed to see came knocking at my door!  Anyway he was able to save the tooth, at least for now, and advised against an implant in the future as it is a rear molar and the opposite tooth has had a root canal.  And he charged virtually nothing.  

What an extraordinary coincidence.  

8 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I am not sure that price would hold from 8 years ago.

It was a post and screw implant, after a bone graft done immediately after the extraction. The bone graft material was a Swiss product, the dentist said it was better quality than Chinese graft material.

The dentist was practising at Elite Smile, on the corner of Pantip Plaza in Chiang Mai. They may have moved now.

Thank you

7 hours ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

Our family dentist recommended a specific dental surgeon at NP International Dental Clinic for our daughter. She received her implant back in January and will have the crown fitted later this month when she returns from university in the US.  I'll dig out the name of the dentist and will DM you. He also practices at Chula and another major hospital, if I recall correctly.

https://www.facebook.com/np.idc/

Thank you I would appreciate that very helpful.