Pattaya Traffic Police crackdown on Bolt drivers

Social Media

54 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Another great example of the continued misuse of law enforcement here. Mostly, it seems they engage in protection rackets. In this case, the taxi mafia. 

Are they out finding government officials who are engaged in drug trafficking or sex slavery? No. Why? Because those goons are protected. 

Are they patrolling the highways to find reckless drivers? No. Why? Because they do not care one iota about traffic safety. It is all lip service. 

The RTP at it's inception seems to have been created with a status quo from the government. We will NOT pay you a living wage, but you have a franchise, and the limit of your income is based solely on your own creativity and initiative, and you will always be protected. Is that not the case? 

The RTP are a blight on the nation. 

My Sentiments exactly corruption in its highest form.

Then again It has been going on since Jesus played fullback for Jerusalem. TIT Sadly. 

Always thought laws are there to control something. No one remembers Uber in Thailand i guess. If taxis are allowed to run without licenses i imagine people would cry about unlicensed taxis. Always complaining. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

The RTP at it's inception seems to have been created with a status quo from the government. We will NOT pay you a living wage, but you have a franchise, and the limit of your income is based solely on your own creativity and initiative, and you will always be protected. Is that not the case? 

You've been paying attention I see...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

How about a crackdown on ALL drivers who have NO LICENCE !!!!!

This is so blatantly  taxi mafia induced harassment. The B.I.B. should hang there head in shame, except they are incapable of such a feeling.  

BIB have no shame the word doesn't exist here

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ralf001 said:

Policeman Opens Bolt App on phone and orders a Bolt.

Bolt arrives.

Policeman asks for taxi credentials.

Bolt drive unable to show.

Policeman arrests Bolt driver.

Just like taking candy off a kiddie.

going to be a problem soon getting a bolt in Pattaya  looks like back to more expensive Taxis.. another Cunning plan

How about a crackdown on Baht Bus drivers stopping illegally wherever they like and driving dangerously? If you get one point on your licence for each instance of dangerous driving, then the average Baht Bus driver will lose his licence in a single day, lol. Actually, probably in the morning already.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Another great example of the continued misuse of law enforcement here.

The police are actually applying the law, so I guess you're in shock over that. Because can you name me any country that allows unlicensed drivers to transport paying passengers in unregistered vehicles?

• Love It 1

Would some kind person tell me what a Bolt driver is? We have never heard of this in Hua Hin. I assume it either has:

Something to do with owning a crossbow

A new PC or woke word that has not made it beyond Pataya

Something to do with running away

Each drier is related to the famous Jamacian sprinter Usain Bolt.

Thanks

Very easy, bolt driver do the same criteria what need for carrying passenger who pay for it! Some of you guys cry about taxi mafia and expensive fares, Sometimes bolt is cheaper than a regular taxi sometimes not but only can be fair competition if all of them do the same requirements 

• Thumbs Up 1