Beware Of Checked Baggage Pilferage At Suvarnabhumi

bubba

I don't think I have ever seen my bag come through in less than 30 minutes, and sometimes it's closer to an hour from the time I leave the aircraft.

......... over many of the airports in the world, particularly Bangkok. This pilferage and open bags on arrival thing is happening very consistently regardless of the departure airport.

on the contrary to your experience Ive more often than not received my bags in fairly short time...including getting through immigration in less than 10minutes.(including the long walk from whereever to the immigration counter)...and not much longer wait to get my bags.

on the latter...try going through Delhi Airport :o

Same here. I get through immigration very quickly going through the Thai Passport desks with my wife, and by the time I get a baggage cart our bags are starting to show up on the turnstile.

Yeah, Delhi is pretty bad, about 1 hour my last trip there. Another worst case airport for waiting for bags is Houston International Airport.

I don't think I have ever seen my bag come through in less than 30 minutes, and sometimes it's closer to an hour from the time I leave the aircraft.

......... over many of the airports in the world, particularly Bangkok. This pilferage and open bags on arrival thing is happening very consistently regardless of the departure airport.

on the contrary to your experience Ive more often than not received my bags in fairly short time...including getting through immigration in less than 10minutes.(including the long walk from whereever to the immigration counter)...and not much longer wait to get my bags.

on the latter...try going through Delhi Airport :o

Same here. I get through immigration very quickly going through the Thai Passport desks with my wife, and by the time I get a baggage cart our bags are starting to show up on the turnstile.

Yeah, Delhi is pretty bad, about 1 hour my last trip there. Another worst case airport for waiting for bags is Houston International Airport.

Hi Folks,

I have no idea as to why people HAVE to bad mouth SUVARNABHUMI.

I travel extensively and find the Thai immigration and the baggage retrievals are at the top of the airports list. There would be little opportunity for pilfering on arrival.

LAX has to be the worst in my experience.

I had a good laff, my mate would NOT open his case, summun mite put sumfin in it, LAX customs snipped the lock off......PMPL.

Why do people needs loads of moisturiser etc. I take an empty, cheap plastic atomiser and fill it with water once on board, cheapest moisturiser yet. My eyes tear ducts seem to dry out. I guess vanity says expensive cosmetics etc, a must.

Most everything other than valuables should be in the hold.

I used to use combo locks, but always missing at destination. Good key lock, NOT one of those with a key for customs, stuff that.

Happy travelling peeps.

Kiwi Pete

Edited by Zpete

just flew in from britain via dubai on emirates after a holiday,the bag was open on the carousel ,lock still closed,zip forced and jewellry missing .this also happened some time ago while flying with emirates,the suitcase also wet and dirty ,second time with emirates .its back to eva for me and shrinkwrapping.

Where in BKK's new airport can I get this plastic wrapping done?

You will easily spot them just before you approach the check-in counters. There are several.

travel through thailands airports at least once a month never had a problem ,if you value something where poss take it as carry on if you're unsure :o