Open till dawn! Raid at South Pattaya pub nets 15 for drug taking - governor set to shut it for good

webfact

11 minutes ago, biervoormij said:

I am surprised at all the mass drug testing. Do you have to submit to a drug test anytime the police ask for one?

Does everyone have to stand in line while a cop watches them pee on a stick or is there a different type of test?

Why are you surprised, it's been in the news for the last week or so. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

Why are you surprised, it's been in the news for the last week or so. 

I have been surprised each time I have seen if it the news.  If a cop asked you for a drug test would you pee on a stick for him?

Is it only required to submit to a drug test if you are in a club that is open after hours?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Read a number of these cases recently.....dumb as rocks......

........turn the music down or even better, off...........Don't annoy the locals and make sure you pay the right amounts to the right people.

Job done.

Thanks for the Good Bj, Will.

Edited by JimTripper

Just now, timendres said:

A drug test can be requested for any suspicion of drug use. Being in an illegal club during banned hours, I suspect, constitutes enough suspicion. That said, I believe you are within your rights to insist the test be performed at the police station.

The club doesn't need to be open after hours either. Random drug tests have been carried out in WS bars for years.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, biervoormij said:

I have been surprised each time I have seen if it the news.  If a cop asked you for a drug test would you pee on a stick for him?

Is it only required to submit to a drug test if you are in a club that is open after hours?

These among the questions you should know the answers to before you set foot in Thailand

• Like 1

6 hours ago, d4dang said:

to be reopened in a new location with a new name in a couple of weeks by the same owners paying the same officials more.

Nope you got it wrong.  

Watch for the grand opening of ไม่ธรรมดา 96 owned by different owners with different names but funded by the current owners.

The new owners willget all the licences that is why it will not open right away.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Classic Ray said:

Ironic that this anti-drug activity should be taking place against the backdrop of liberalisation of cannabis consumption (maybe temporary).

A nation of mixed and uncoordinated messages.

Not really a mixed message.  The drugs that they are testing for are YABA and it's friends I think that more tourists and foreingers use cannabis than Thais.  The drug of choice of youg Thais is YABA.