Change visa on arrival to Non Immigrant

Hi all.

Previously I had a yearly extension based on retirement.This lapsed during covid and now I enter Thailand on a visa at arrival.

But I want to apply again for the Non Immigrant visa.

I have a few questions which hopefully Joe or Jack can help me with.

(1)

What is the earliest date that I can apply for the Non Imm?.If I arrive Jan 25 can I go Chang Wattana the next day?

(2)Can I just turn at Chang Wattana or do I have to make an appoinment ?

(3)Do I need Insurance when applying for Non Imm or only when you are apply for extension for retirement?

(4)Are there any new documents that I need for Non Imm visa?

I have 800k in the bank for over 5 yrs.

I update my balance on the day I go there.Is there any other bank letters I need.

My bank Siam send me monthly statements.Is this sufficient or is there another ba.nk detail that I am missing?

Thanks in advance for any help

Billypla

I assume have a visa exempt entry not a visa on arrival you applied for when entering the country and paying 2000 baht for it.

1. You can apply for a non-o visa at immigration up to the last 15 days from your 45 day visa exempt entry or the 30 day extension of it. There is no minimum number of days to do it.

2. Yes if your are living in Bangkok.

3. No insurance it required to apply for a non-o visa or a extension of stay based upon retirment.

4. Requirments for the non-o visa application is here: https://www.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/9.FOR-RETIREMENT-PURPOSES-50-YEARS-OLD-NON-O.pdf

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

Thanks for your quick response Joe.I am a bit confused however on difference between Visa Exempt and Visa on Arrival.

I am from Ireland whichis one of the countries that does not require a visa so what is the visa exempt entry?Is there a form I need to fill out and what is the 2000 fee?

Sorry for sounding dim

Billypla

• Thumbs Up 2

12 minutes ago, billypla said:

I am from Ireland whichis one of the countries that does not require a visa so what is the visa exempt entry?

You qualify for a 45 day visa exempt entry that can be extended for 30 days.

A visa on arrival is just that. It means you have to apply for a visa when entering the country. Normally it is only for 15 days and that cannot be extended.

See this list of countries.    Visa Exempt and VOA countries Sept 2022.pdf

• Thumbs Up 2

You need evidence from the bank (it's a specific template they have) which shows your money were transferred from abroad.

Visa on arrival, see wikipedia, is a visa granted to some nationalities.

Most Europeans don't need visa at all, they just enter. They are exempt from visa.

Imagine a visa being a sticker that gets applied to your passport.

VOA subject citizens, when they arrive, they go to buy the sticker at the VOA counter, then they queue at immigration and get their entry stamp.

You don't need the sticker, you just queue at immigration snd get 45 days entry stamp.

In Chonburi if you apply for retirement visa you also need copy of id card of owner of your condo and signed copy of the house book (called tabien baan).