Marriage ext

I assume your currently have a extension of stay based upon retirement and want to change to one based upon marriage to a Thai.

You only need 40k baht of income for a extension based upon marriage.

Unless you can get proof of your income from you embassy you will need proof of at least 40k baht transfers from abroad into a Thai bank for 12 months.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I assume your currently have a extension of stay based upon retirement and want to change to one based upon marriage to a Thai.

Unless you can get proof of your income from you embassy you will need proof of at least 40k baht transfers from abroad into a Thai bank for 12 months.

Thanks Joe, what will I have to show next nov.? And what paperwork will I need to show.?

Edited by pontious

36 minutes ago, pontious said:

Jomtien

I do marrige extensions in Jomtien. Its pretty much as per UJs list, with a couple of minor things. The map, immigration to your house, must be hand drawn not from google maps, The photos cant have a selfie stick in the photo, they will do a home inspection and at that inspection you will need a witness, a Thai with ID and blue book who isn't a relative.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, billd766 said:

This is the requirement from Kamphaeng Phet IO for last month.

The one in Thai is a copy they gave me that I scanned and the other is a translation to English. For me, I had to do 2 copies, one for KPP and one for the regional IO at Chiang Mai.

Marriage Extention Requirements v01 Thai 2022.jpg

133422011_MarriageExtensionRequirements2.pdf

Edited by billd766
wrong file correct file now

16 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

My comments are based on my recent experience with Immigration in Chiang Mai.

Yes, you only need ThB 40,000 per month, but first you have to deposit ThB 300,000 in a fixed account.  I lived in Thailand for beginning in 2011 on a retirement visa.  Then, the couselate would issue a letter that my U.S. Social Security benefit was a certain amount (greater that 65,000 per month, so I did not have to put 800,000 in the bank.

We then moved to the U.S. after getting my wife a greencard and were there for six years.  We returned two months ago and I came in on an exempt 30 day tourist visa as my retirement visa had expired.  The first thing that was required is that I deposit 300,000 in a fixed account.  But the important thing is that the process was easier because I came back in on the tourist visa.   I have been told that generally immigration does not not look kindly on Farang getting to reduce the fixed account amount.

I would also pay a good immigration law firm for an advice consultation. There is also a minimum amount of time you need to have been married and registered.  And of course many of the rules change depending on where you are.  Good luck.

15 hours ago, DrJoy said:

My home was inspected only at the time of 1st extension, never therafter

As  said previously, all about which office. I have had a home visit for every extension done in the last 6 years, including retirement.

I also come under Chonburi.

21 minutes ago, Balance said:

The first thing that was required is that I deposit 300,000 in a fixed account.

Who gave you that info. For a non-o visa or extension of stay applied for at immigration you need 400k baht in a Thai bank account. There is not requirement for it to be a fixed deposit account.

For a non-o visa application at immigration they will not accept 40k baht being transferred into a Thai bank bank. They only allow the proof of income from a embassy.

Some things I would add to your current list…

on the day of application, must go to your bank to get a letter stating your bank amount dated that day plus copies of your today’s updated bank book…

CM requires 3 months (for 2nd annual) of having at least 400k on 3 separate monthly bank statements 

make 2 copies of your last 3 months of your bank pass book even if this is a duplicate of what the bank gives you

also a bank guarantee letter stating your name and your account with them. My bank has to request it from bkk office so took a couple of days to obtain

I think the copy of the TM 6 card no longer applies since that practice has stopped….