New local road from Kathu to Patong to open on Father’s Day

webfact

image.jpeg

By Goongnang Suksawat

Patong – A new local road from Kathu to Patong will be officially opened on Father’s Day, December 5th, 2022.

The Patong Municipality told the Phuket Express that the local road from Kathu – Patong has been renovated since last month (October).

The renovation project was started by the Patong Development Foundation. The road is from a Go-kart speedway in Kathu to the Tiger Shrine in Patong which is about 2.5 kilometers.

Full story: https://thephuketexpress.com/2022/11/29/new-local-road-from-kathu-to-patong-to-open-on-fathers-day/

The-Phuket-Express-Logo-Small-300x121.png
-- © Copyright The Phuket Express 2022-11-30

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Like 2

I get its still a work in progress BUT I note the unretained embankments. Low side of the road bearing the road and traffic weight also looks to have zero structural or embankment stabilisation works.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

I get its still a work in progress BUT I note the unretained embankments. Low side of the road bearing the road and traffic weight also looks to have zero structural or embankment stabilisation works.

Yes indeed - that looks very similar to the problem section on the existing road - which I read elsewhere is now open both ways to cars and vans.

5 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

Agree...👍 –I was going to add a comment about what happens during a heavy rainy season...🙂