Oppo Android smartphone A 83

petermik

Oppo phones are made by the semi state owned Guangdong Oppo Mobile Telecommunications Corp. Ltd, and as such their firmware is more "branded" than say, South Korea's Samsung.

I would imagine your finding of no "UK" Region is intentional.

As background there are a number of International copyright infringement cases going through the courts against Oppo.

IMO, touching and barge poles spring to mind. 

• Like 1

Got the Oppo A52. Piece of <deleted>.

Never touching an Oppo phone again.

There is a feature called "Smart Bar" that is ON by default,  that was crippling the performance on my phone. Once is was disabled, things appear to be much better, but for a budget Android around the same price, you can't beat Xiaomi phones. 

@ Petermik,

how are you finding it? Responsive, snappy???

2 hours ago, Straight8 said:

@ Petermik,

Fine as far as I,m concerned.... I don,t play games or suchwise just banking and general use only...does the job for little money ????

I have an ancient OPPO A37, use it for calls in Australia, LINE and DUO here, read books, play music, and make videos. I've never had a problem with it, still going strong.

I could use it as a browser, I prefer my laptop.

3 hours ago, Straight8 said:

There is a feature called "Smart Bar" that is ON by default,  that was crippling the performance on my phone. Once is was disabled, things appear to be much better, but for a budget Android around the same price, you can't beat Xiaomi phones. 

@ Petermik,

"you can't beat Xiaomi phones."  I have an Xiaomi phone, worst I have ever had. Torch keeps coming on by itself then I have to keep putting it off, camera same, same. There is no excuse for these to keep coming on if I do not put them on.

• Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, DJ54 said:

If you buy an IPhone 14 in US supposedly do not have sim trays. Its been suggested if you travel out of US / major telecom service coukd be and issue without the ability to swap SIM cards 

My wife's iPhone 13 has a SIM slot and eSIM.  Her carrier in Thailand (AIS) said they couldn't do eSIM so she had to take out her US SIM.  Maybe that was BS or maybe they just now offer it.  https://www.ais.th/esim/en/

Apple confirms US iPhone 14 models are only eSIM.  https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT213448   "iPhone 14 models purchased in the United States don't have a physical SIM tray and support only eSIM."

Edited by Damrongsak

On 11/30/2022 at 6:24 PM, NoshowJones said:

"you can't beat Xiaomi phones."  I have an Xiaomi phone, worst I have ever had. Torch keeps coming on by itself then I have to keep putting it off, camera same, same. There is no excuse for these to keep coming on if I do not put them on.

How old/which model? I’m considering Xiaomi Note 11 pro which seems to have positive reviews. Could yours be faulty?

1 hour ago, nchuckle said:

How old/which model? I’m considering Xiaomi Note 11 pro which seems to have positive reviews. Could yours be faulty?

3 years old. Note 6. It was fine at first, also had great reviews, that is why I bought it.

Big mistake.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Got an Huawei Y9 in 2018 for Bht 7000. Works fine here on AIS & DTAC, O2 in UK and in Dubai also. Great phone, no problems whatsoever and made in China.

My missus too but I understand issues nowadays with getting full Google updates and new apps because of Huawei issues with USA.

My missus too but I understand issues nowadays with getting full Google updates and new apps because of Huawei issues with USA.

Mine seems to be updating OS & Goole apps OK.

On 11/30/2022 at 10:24 PM, NoshowJones said:

A tale of 2 different experiences. I have now had 3 versions of the Redmi Note & the have been flawless.

YMMV

On 11/30/2022 at 3:05 PM, Straight8 said:

@ Petermik,

xiaomi phones do not have google apps or play store

3 hours ago, Straight8 said:

A tale of 2 different experiences. I have now had 3 versions of the Redmi Note & the have been flawless.

YMMV

Your Lucky.  Mine is full of intermittent faults, sometimes I cannot even get the alarm to go off so I have to switch the complete phone off and turn back on. If all these faults would stay then maybe I could get them fixed.

2 hours ago, steve187 said:

xiaomi phones do not have google apps or play store

"Do Xiaomi phones have access to Google apps? Yes, all globally released smartphones from the company have full access to the Google Play Store and the millions of Android apps therein."
Seems you’re talking nonsense…

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/7/2022 at 8:59 AM, nchuckle said:

"Do Xiaomi phones have access to Google apps? Yes, all globally released smartphones from the company have full access to the Google Play Store and the millions of Android apps therein."
Seems you’re talking nonsense…

sorry was thinking of huawei

5 hours ago, steve187 said:

sorry was thinking of huawei

????. My missus has a 5 year old Huawei where those services are still running but I think they’re restricted ,or maybe much more so on their newer phones? Anyway,looking at replacing with possibly Xiaomi.