Taxi to go from Soi Buakhao to BPH on Sukhumvit and back

MJCM

I haven't been in Pattaya for a while and I need to visit Bangkok Pattaya Hospital on a regular basis and will be staying on Soi Buakhao.

What is the best Taxi to go from Soi Buakhao to BPH and back (and what would it cost approx)

I have the Grab app on my phone, but I don't know if there any better ones around?

Another option would be of course, down from Klang to Sukhumvit and then wait for a white Taxi

Edit: Not recommend a Moto'cyle taxi please. :whistling:

Edited by MJCM

Download 'Bolt' , its similar in workings to grab but cheaper. Most expats I know in Pattaya use it.

The cost from soi Boukhao to BPH will be around 70-80 baht for a normal ride. Up to you but as its so cheap everything is 100 baht to me with the the tip.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @sungod

The last time we were there and I had to visit BPH often we paid 400 for a return trip (Taxi meter but of course not using the meter so +/- 200 THB return would be a bargain.

Will take your advice and install the Bolt app.

Thx again

• Like 1

Thx. Never heard about Indrive, but the situation has changed a bit since I posted this.

We are going to drive our own car to Pattaya because all the Buses to Pattaya from here are FULL (maybe because of Dec 5th???) so Taxi we not no need any more but really appreciate the replies

Edited by MJCM

3 hours ago, MJCM said:

Thx. Never heard about Indrive, but the situation has changed a bit since I posted this.

We are going to drive our own car to Pattaya because all the Buses to Pattaya from here are FULL (maybe because of Dec 5th???) so Taxi we not no need any more but really appreciate the replies

Busses are full because of a public holiday? People going back to BKK after a long weekend of partying in Pattaya?

My experience is that Bolt is the most userfriendly and best price quality. As somebody stated it would be around 70 baht, what is soo cheap according to Western standards that I usually give 100 baht.

On their app you can follow the location and arrival time of your driver when coming to you. They give which kind of car he or she is driving and the immatriculation number plus name of the driver and rate. the only problem is of course the trafic issue but this is the same for any kind of transportation. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Busses are full because of a public holiday? People going back to BKK after a long weekend of partying in Pattaya?

We are going from Isarn to Pattaya and all the Buses from here (Isarn) -> Pattaya are fully Booked. Only available seats are on Tuesday but my appointment at the Hospital is on Monday, so no other option then to drive ourselves

17 hours ago, MJCM said:

all the Buses to Pattaya from here are FULL (maybe because of Dec 5th???)

fair assumption, as with most countries, public transport around holiday weekends gets booked up.

42 minutes ago, it is what it is said:

all the Buses to Pattaya from here are FULL (maybe because of Dec 5th???)

fair assumption, as with most countries, public transport around holiday weekends gets booked up.

Yes, we only got the call from the Hospital that the appointment has been set so we couldn't book any sooner.

Edited by MJCM
Removed added text in Edit