Virtual Thai Bank Account

I am currently residing outside of Thailand, however I hold a property there for which I need to recieve the funds to a Thai Bank account.

I know of services online such as Transferwise (now just "WISE.COM") AND Paysend..

However both of these are no longer able to provide a virtual thai bank account number since about 1 year ago.

Any advice of other known services would be much appreciated.

Not of immediate help, I realize, but next time in Thailand open a Thai bank account.  Don't need a ATM/debit card on the account, just online banking.  The maintenance cost for having such an account is zero (the ATM/debit card is what has annual fees).  Keep a minimal balance in the account.  Have your Thai sourced money paid into your Thai bank account.  Use Dee Money or similar to transfer your money from that Thai bank account to your home bank account outside Thailand.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nigelforbes said:

THB is not one of the supported currencies, plus you need a US address or a Premier Account or similar.

https://www.us.hsbc.com/checking-accounts/products/global-money/

Once you log on to expat.hsbc, it permits opening THB & 17 other currencies! strange they not marketing that....

Need a premier account. but US address was not a requirement until last month. dont know if that would change.

Similar products are sold by BNP paribas. Wise also offers a multicurrency card account which can be used for similar purpose. 

• Like 1

On 12/1/2022 at 11:46 PM, lpw997 said:

Any advice of other known services would be much appreciated.

My advice would be to look into another way to receive the money, because even when you are in Thailand, getting a bank account is not easy. It seems the rules have been tightened significantly.

How much money are we talking about? And who are paying you?

Ideally the person would wire the money to you, but this could also be a challenge if it is a larger amount, as that will require extra documentation.

The easiest way is probably something like opening a Revolut account (for yourself) and then use the “request money” where you can get a payment link, allowing the sender to pay with VISA/MasterCard/etc. but there might be some some “fair use” limits.

Edited by lkn