PM Opens World Athletics Global Running Conference

snoop1130

1669973931_107626-tnamcot-e1669973961265-768x401.jpg

BANGKOK, Dec 2 (TNA) – Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha opened the World Athletics Global Running Conference 2022 and the Amazing Thailand Marathon Bangkok 2022 at the Siam Paragon shopping center.

He expressed his gratitude towards the World Athletics for entrusting three world-class athletic events to Thailand over the past year. One of them is the first edition of the World Mountain & Trail Running Championships on Doi Suthep mountain in Chiang Mai province. The event impressed journalists worldwide and generated more than 450 million baht in economic value.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-1069072

tnalogo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai News Agency 2022-12-02

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

I have ran my entire life and I still run a few km's most days. Bangkok is the worst city I have ever run in if it's street running that we are comparing, even central Manila was better for running.

Running in the parks where I live in Bangkok is good though because there is so many paths available, even though I think park running is boring. 

I might be wrong but midnight marathons in BKK to beat the heat, pollution and vehicle traffic hardly enhances Thailands reputation as a marathon destination. Marathons around Phuket or Samui might be more appealing. I didn't include Chiang Mai due to the seasonal burning pollution, though at the right time of year CM would be a good location.