Anyone attempt to have "Herbal"/"Nutritional"/"Vitamin" products shipped by a 3rd party shipper or an individual into Thailand?

JimmyJ

I want to order some "Herbal" supplements and "Nutritional" supplements (not "Food") from Amazon, and have it shipped by Amazon to a shipper in the US, and have the shipper send it to me in Thailand.

Since "Vitamins" and such are a gray area and could face a Customs refusal - If you have ever done similar including have a friend/family/whatever ship similar products from outside Thailand into Thailand, what did you write on the shipping label for "Contents"? Any issues/refusals?

NOTE - I am aware of iHerb, Lazada, Shopee.

Thank you.

4 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

My question is only why you would send it to US first? Does the shipper not deliver to Thailand? If does, then tell the shipper to write what you want and send it directly.

Amazon's ordering process does not give the buyer the option of specifying the text for the product description on the customs declaration form.

Amazon does not ship the product categories I mention to Thailand.

(Also another product I did not mention in the OP - soap - Amazon does not ship soap to Thailand - or at least not the soap I want).

IHerb does not offer what I want.

Edited by JimmyJ

5 hours ago, Puccini said:

Amazon's ordering process does not give the buyer the option of specifying the text for the product description on the customs declaration form.

No, but they give you an option to contact the seller before buying, right? Otherwise, you can always pose a question as they have a section for that.

simple1 - "Not shipped via 3rd party, but by Oz postal service. Labelled shipment as gift with no issues."

One can list the shipment as "Gift", but it is still necessary to declare what the Gift is.

Edited by JimmyJ

@Sheryl

Sheryl - Do you foresee any possible problems if I write "Vitamins" on the Customs paper?

I.e., has Customs equated that with "Drugs"/"Medicine" needing FDA involvement?

I keep the value of items I have shipped to Thailand under 1500 THB so no Import Fees/VAT.