Big bike rental in Isaan?

martijn12345

Make sure to get an IDP International Driving Permit for your home country drivers license. If you plan 

on driving car and motorcycle get both on the IDP. I’m US you can get from AAA easily.

I’ve not heard / or looked for big bike rentals in Isaan. Chiang Mai has great big bike rides/rentals well 

worth visiting. You’d need about 1 week to go on the golden triangle loop.. some 10 days. Good rental prices and you can ask for suggestions for hotels on the route which were very inexpensive, clean, safe. Three of use went on self tour but you can choose a group ride.

Some rental gear .. jacket, gloves, helmet….. pack light … bring your own boots/shoes… well worth the trip go up through the hills tribes… awesome … and weather was great… rental shop suggested shutting down late afternoon and you mis the showers most the time.. Enjoy and post pictures if you go..

On 12/3/2022 at 12:08 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Just in case you think about the option of renting a big bike i.e. in Pattaya and then riding around Thailand.

No, they don't allow that.

How are they going to know if you don't tell them? Then again do they only rent for two or three days at a time, which will not make it worthwhile to rent a big bike at all.

14 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

How are they going to know if you don't tell them? Then again do they only rent for two or three days at a time, which will not make it worthwhile to rent a big bike at all.

At that time I just asked and got a verbal answer, I didn't follow up.

Maybe it's in the written contract. And if it in that contract and someone uses the bike somewhere else and there is an accident then there might be bad consequences. Personally I wouldn't do it.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Quite certain I had seen such clause like "no further than 50 km" in a standard rental contract.

And in a way I think that makes sense.

If there is a problem with the bike, even a simple problem like it doesn't start, then the rental company don't want to send a technician hundreds of kilometers away, maybe even to return the bike on a truck. 

Thanks for the replies so far. I have a thai drivers license, I have gear. I'm really just looking for 2 big bikes to rent in Khon Kaen/Udon/Ubon or there about. I have about 1 week, and I'd rather do the long distance by flight/bus and do shorter drives around the region than spending at least 2 out of the 7 days hammering down the highway from the north to the east and back. But yeah, gotta rethink the whole plan if there is no big bike. Either accept a PCX or Aerox or just bin the whole Isaan plan and stay more in the north, it's just I've seen most of the north was looking for a change of scenery.

Edited by martijn12345

3 hours ago, martijn12345 said:

Thanks for the replies so far. I have a thai drivers license, I have gear. I'm really just looking for 2 big bikes to rent in Khon Kaen/Udon/Ubon or there about. I have about 1 week, and I'd rather do the long distance by flight/bus and do shorter drives around the region than spending at least 2 out of the 7 days hammering down the highway from the north to the east and back. But yeah, gotta rethink the whole plan if there is no big bike. Either accept a PCX or Aerox or just bin the whole Isaan plan and stay more in the north, it's just I've seen most of the north was looking for a change of scenery.

Not aware of anywhere in Ubon for what you need.