Grow cannabis to make FECO (full extract cannabis oil) for personal use.

simon43

I've been diagnosed with prostate cancer.  It is hopefully is contained in my prostate, and that organ is coming out pretty soon! (I have BPH for many years which makes it difficult to pee, so taking out my prostate is a good option - hey maybe even have the full sex-change!). I'm currently very fit and healthy.

I'm a scientist and have been investigating natural 'supplements' that could help to keep any cancer cells at bay in the future, if they have spread outside my prostate.  For example, eating red hot chilli peppers sounds like a masochistic procedure, but tests in mice prove that the capsaicin chemical in hot chillis slows/kills cancer cells. (I'm eating a few red chillis every day).

My research also shows that FECO has proven effects on killing/reducing cancer cells.  It seems pretty easy to prepare my own FECO capsules, (for sticking up my bum..).  It can certainly do no harm if I combine natural supplements with scientific medical treatment and screening.

To prepare FECO, I need grain alcohol (Lazada) and cannabis flowers.  Am I right that selling cannabis flowers is illegal?  I prefer to prepare my own FECO because I then know that it is 'the real thing'.  It sounds like my best option is to grow my own cannabis plants out here on Koh Phangan, (where most people seem to be as high as a kite anyway...).  My house is set right in a natural, jungle setting - no problems to grow cannabis plants.

To emphasise - I'm not interested in getting high from smoking the leaves or whatever - I just want to have a fresh source of potent (CBD and THC mix) flowers to prepare my own FECO.

That said, what seeds do you suggest I buy?  And is there a simple guide online to growing these?  Thanks!

Edited by simon43
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Jitagawn said:

Do a bit of research into RSO/ Ralph Simpson Oil

He used for anti cancer properties. Up to you and I hope you bounce out of it soon

I already did my research ????. RSO uses isopropyl, whereas FECO uses ethanol. Based on the research data and my own scientific knowledge (I teach Chemistry up to university level) of the molecular structure etc of both alcohols, I prefer to use grain alcohol to make FECO.

Right now, I have no 'bouncing' to do because I'm fit and healthy, just need to get this prostate taken out.  Thereafter I want to take FECO on a regular basis to help to keep any future cancer cells at bay.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, simon43 said:

It seems pretty easy to prepare my own FECO capsules, (for sticking up my bum..).  I

Kush in your tush.

18 hours ago, simon43 said:

Am I right that selling cannabis flowers is illegal? 

No. You are not "right". Growing, buying/selling, consuming cannabis flowers remains legal. Extracting oils from cannabis flowers is probably illegal, but I doubt anyone will care what you're doing in your laboratory.

Maybe continue your research, and exerpimentation, to determine which strains suit your requirements. What strains are others using for FECO suppositories?

And maybe purchase some flowers while you are growing your plants, for medicinal experimentation. It will take you ~ 6 months to get suitable biomass even if you start today.

Sourcing seeds is the easy part, widely available here legally - people also buy online from off-shore seed suppliers.

Growing cannabis, especially outdoors here, is far more challenging than maybe you've been led to believe.

An interesting question Simon, I’ll break my response up into some key elements.

1. There is some limited evidence for the efficacy of using cannabis extracts for treating cancers in lab mice. AFAIK this relates to CBD (non-psychotropic) rather than THC (psychotropic) cannabinoids. There is no evidence for such treatment of prostate cancer in humans, though you may or may not find anecdotal accounts on the net.

2. Regulated CBD tincture/oil extracts are easily available here if you wish to make your own suppositories. THC content must be less than 0.2 %.

3. If you are determined to grow your own, then the easiest route is to buy local outdoor  grown flowers/buds as these will almost always contain seeds: the 1st batch of the crop is usually seedless (sensimilla), the later batches are increasingly seedy. There is absolutely no need to buy seeds from seed breeders.

4. You could just buy flowers/buds and make your own extracts in the short-term, but the cost would be prohibitive in the long term.

5. Growing marijuana outdoors is extremely easy here if you grow native strains of Thai sativa, which are readily available on twitter at good prices. After all, marijuana grows wild here. Having said that any outdoor locally grown marijuana flower/buds will do well in your garden, but native Thai sativas will be easiest.

May I add that in my opinion growing your own in order to make an unproven experiment is a lengthy and roundabout approach.

I am certain that marijuana can and does have medical benefits for some ailments, though any perusal of this and similar forums indicates that the overwhelming interest is recreational rather than medicinal, but personally I would not take this approach for something as serious as cancer.

Good luck

• 4 months later...

I know someone who swears blind that they cured their cancer with high THC cannabis oil. He took it for a months, gradually increasing the dose from very small. He claims that it completely went without conventional medicine.
It was home made.

I have not tried this myself.

Have you read anything about IP6? 
Many clinical studies seem to indicate that this reduces cancer tumours.

I'm also having one of my cancer tumours tested for Arginine sensitivity.
Latest research indicates that reduction in this, or blocking, can stop cancer tumours feeding. Medication is coming out at the end of the year, but will only be available with Permatrexted chemo, though one can go on a low Arginine diet.

Edited by toast1

I too have read the research about capsaicin (active ingredient in hot peppers) in regards to cancer treatments. There is 20 years of research in this field. I’ve read the studies about inducing cellular apoptosis (cancer cell death) but they have all been ‘in vivo’, lab studies. Eating chili peppers would be a huge leap and non sequitir in the correlation of capsaicin and curing cancer. I don’t think that is an advisable alternative approach.

The standard solvent used in RSO (Rick Simpson Oil) today is ethanol, though RS himself advocated for any solvent. The emphasis on the efficacy is whole plant, full spectrum and not the solvent. It IS a dirty, crude oil with cellulose, waxes, lipids and chlorophyll. There is a huge body of purely anecdotal evidence extolling the virtues of said oil in the curing of cancer. I would urge you to do more research, again, if you are seeking alternative treatments. RSO in suppositories bypasses “first pass metabolism” and knocks down some of the “high”.

Lastly, if you are truly considering an alternative, look into Sativex, an FDA approved extract made from a 1:1 ratio of THC and CBD.  Or, Epidiolex, the CBD only form. Neither is prescribed for cancer or tumors.

Time is a critical factor for you, as you know. Procuring (seeds), growing and extracting FECO and eating chilis just doesn’t sound like practical use of your time. IMHO

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2022 at 7:13 AM, simon43 said:

I already did my research ????. RSO uses isopropyl, whereas FECO uses ethanol. Based on the research data and my own scientific knowledge (I teach Chemistry up to university level) of the molecular structure etc of both alcohols, I prefer to use grain alcohol to make FECO.

Hello Simon43, I'm just wondering which way you have proceeded and how things are working out for you?  Cheers.

• Confused 1

On 5/14/2023 at 9:24 AM, Bobsuruncle said:

Hello Simon43, I'm just wondering which way you have proceeded and how things are working out for you?  Cheers.

I too am curious. Seems @simon43is too busy to respond to your querry. Seeing how he says he is a scientist it would be interesting to see his take on this. Guess he just wanted to put his 2 cents in this forum then flogged off...

• Confused 1