Thai VietJet Air warned by CAAT after three flight cancellations on Thursday

webfact

image.jpeg

The Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT) has warned Thai VietJet Air that it could face punitive action if it does not comply with air service rules. The warning comes after its three flights on the Bangkok-Phuket route were cancelled on Thursday, causing inconvenience to many passengers.

The CAAT has summoned executives of the airline to provide an explanation for the cancellations of VZ2304 from Bangkok to Phuket, VZ2305 from Phuket to Bangkok and VA309 from Phuket to Bangkok.

According to Thai VietJet, flight VZ2304 was cancelled because of accumulated delays in ground services at Suvarnabhumi airport, making it impossible for the flight to leave the airport before the maintenance closure of the runway in Phuket at 11.30pm.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-vietjet-air-warned-by-caat-after-three-flight-cancellations-on-thursday/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-12-05

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, webfact said:

According to Thai VietJet, flight VZ2304 was cancelled because of accumulated delays in ground services at Suvarnabhumi airport, making it impossible for the flight to leave the airport before the maintenance closure of the runway in Phuket at 11.30pm.

Deuce... wonder whose court the ball is in now?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Always someone else's fault.

But....
Thai VietJet Air claims that it took good care of the stranded passengers by providing them with food and accommodation.

First time I've ever heard of a budget airline doing that.

First time I've ever heard of a budget airline doing that.....Sooooo, You've never heard of @Ryanair....555 !!

8 minutes ago, Nong Khai Man said:

First time I've ever heard of a budget airline doing that.....Sooooo, You've never heard of @Ryanair....555 !!

My outgoing Ryanair flight was cancelled. They only gave me a 50% refund. They claimed that I could still use the return flight.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

One wonders if they have serious staff problems? My friends flight to Vietnam from BKK on 8th Dec was cancelled, they say they still have covid problems?

Surprising... Vietnam was the star of the show for many here with how it was handling Covid and it's great success. It was also touted as a far better destination for both tourists and Expats and would displace Thailand....is it losing it's edge?

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Surprising... Vietnam was the star of the show for many here with how it was handling Covid and it's great success. It was also touted as a far better destination for both tourists and Expats and would displace Thailand....is it losing it's edge?

It was only touted as that by a few negative posters on here, nowhere else really.  And now it is losing tourists to Thailand:

https://e.vnexpress.net/news/travel/hassles-dissuade-foreign-tourists-from-visiting-vietnam-4535949.html

I was in Vietnam last week and generally like the place but it is not a patch on Thailand for so many reasons.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

I stopped liking to fly in Thailand since covid started, I avoid it now where possible. Also because I fear the airplanes are getting older and not trusting the maintenance.

Yeah I know it is silly, the roads are more dangerous. But still stopped liking it, maybe it is also the lengthy process, silly security checks and endless waiting.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Nong Khai Man said:

In europe you get 100% refund if delay 4 hours, so actually it is even better there. I flew on budget airlines from germany to thailand 3 times, twice with such delays, FREE!

In terms of Viet air, they gave them 500 baht vouchers, food, meals and a free hotel + flight. I guess that actually equals the cost, as it is a domestic flight, so equal good?

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Nong Khai Man said:

What more do YOU Want ?? Bells on it !!

Okay. Yes, I've heard of Ryanair. But I don't know why you mentioned them when, as far as I know, they don't offer free accommodation like VietJet did. Ryanair are totally irrelevant to this thread.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

In europe you get 100% refund if delay 4 hours, so actually it is even better there. I flew on budget airlines from germany to thailand 3 times, twice with such delays, FREE!...

I know that the EU has regulations regarding compensation for delayed and cancelled flights but I believe they don't apply generally to all of Europe. 

Does this VietJet Air fly to any EU country?