Over 80% of people in Bangkok satisfied with new governor’s performance

webfact

image.jpeg

More than 80% of people living in Bangkok are satisfied with the performance of Governor Chadchart Sittipunt in the six months since he took office, according to a National Institute of Development Administration (NIDA) poll.

7.93% of the respondents said they are not satisfied at all with his performance, because he has failed to fulfil his promises and has been unable to solve the city’s chronic problems, such as flooding and traffic congestion.

NIDA gauged the opinions of 1,500 people, aged 18 and over, of different occupations, levels of education and incomes in Bangkok’s 50 districts on November 25th and 26th.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/over-80-of-people-in-bangkok-satisfied-with-new-governors-performance/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-12-05

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Haha 1

I really wonder what the governor really did and what do people think he did.

I.e. sometimes I think the traffic is not so bad anymore. Did the governor do something to make that happen? Or is it maybe school holiday and that is the reason for not so much traffic?

Or flooding: Did the situation improve? And if it did improve was it because of some action of the governor in Bangkok? Or maybe some action outside of Bangkok, maybe related to the government of Thailand? Or was there just not so much rain in Bangkok and other areas and that is why there is not much flooding?

Those survey people should ask the people questions like: Tell me what you know what the governor did. And tell me how that affected your life. I am sure there will be many interesting answers...

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I really wonder what the governor really did and what do people think he did.

I.e. sometimes I think the traffic is not so bad anymore. Did the governor do something to make that happen? Or is it maybe school holiday and that is the reason for not so much traffic?

Or flooding: Did the situation improve? And if it did improve was it because of some action of the governor in Bangkok? Or maybe some action outside of Bangkok, maybe related to the government of Thailand? Or was there just not so much rain in Bangkok and other areas and that is why there is not much flooding?

Those survey people should ask the people questions like: Tell me what you know what the governor did. And tell me how that affected your life. I am sure there will be many interesting answers...

Do you think these surveys are fake? Most BKK people that we know, have a very good understanding of his achievements.....

2 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

Do you think these surveys are fake? Most BKK people that we know, have a very good understanding of his achievements.....

No, I don't think the surveys are fake.

But I doubt many people know what exactly the governor is responsible for, and which part is the country's government, maybe police regulations, etc.

I.e. expansion and prices of the local transport like busses, trains, etc. Is that under control of the governor? Or the Thai government? Or maybe the shareholders or CEOs of those companies? And if the current governor gives the go ahead for the red/yellow/blue BTS line, how long will it take before that is operational? And will the future governor in maybe 5 years then tell the people: Look what I have done, I just opened the new BTS line (which was approved many years ago).

That is just one sample where I have to admit, I don't know. And I am pretty sure I am not the only one who doesn't know. So, if i.e. the busses and trains would suddenly run more smoothly, should I assume the governor did that? Or who did it?

It reminds me of people complaining about prices to fill up their cars and trucks. Why is gasoline more expensive now with this government? And maybe the answer is: They couldn't control it even if they wanted because the local prices are connected to the worldwide oil prices. But people still blame the politicians which they don't like.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

More than 80% of people living in Bangkok are satisfied with the performance of Governor Chadchart Sittipunt in the six months since he took office, according to a National Institute of Development Administration (NIDA) poll.

Did they ask everyone?

• Haha 1