Drunk military  "colonel" threatens pub-goers - "Don't you know who I am?"

webfact

image.jpeg

Daily News Thai Caption: "Colonel" threatened murder

Daily News followed up on a social media post about a violent altercation at a pub in Nonthaburi in which a drunk soldier of the rank of colonel threatened to kill people at another table.

The media did not adequately explain how the trouble started. 

But at midnight closing time at the "Saeb Charoen" shop on December 2nd the military man had called a person in a group of ten young people to his table.

The request was denied that enraged the soldier who also demanded that one man do "push-ups".

He started swearing as his companions took him outside but he wouldn't stop saying he would kill them all using abusive language.

image.jpeg

Picture: Daily News

At one point he shouted "Don't you know who I am?" according to a lady called Pat, 33 who was there.

He then came back in the shop and pulled at the collar and gold chain of a man called Ekthai, 33, snapping the jewelry.

Despite their all being regular customers he yelled: "If I see you back here again you're all dead".

image.jpeg

Picture: Daily News

He strode off saying he was friends with "Pock" who they imagined to be a cop or military man.

Pat and Ekthai want the soldier found and disciplined and they have also filed a report with the Rattanathibet police to take action after the incident on Ngam Wong Wan Road.

They fear reprisals against them and are not daring to return to the nightspot.

Daily News said that the soldier has the rank of colonel and is from the class of 32 (1989).

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-12-05

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, webfact said:

He started swearing as his companions took him outside but he wouldn't stop saying he would kill them all using abusive language.

Thailand the "Happy World Class Resort" .........................LOL

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

At one point he shouted "Don't you know who I am?"

I thought that statement had gone out of fashion ,never heard it for a while,

they now just seem to use the gun or other weapon , must not have been 

drunk enough........????

regards worgeordie

• Like 1

Another disgrace to the uniform and country like so many small minded others wearing a uniform in this country.

As the enemy invades no doubt he will stand stop the wall shouting the same to them to spread fear in their ranks...

A pathetic excuse for a man.

Do Colonels 'buy' the rank or do some  'higher ups' form a board and use their combined best judgement to promote to the rank of Colonel?  I wonder if that board can 'take away/do a do over', that sort of thing?

Edited by IAMHERE
Include weasel words for computer crimes act.