Defamation Suit Against Fox Grows More Contentious

Scott

Lachlan Murdoch in May 2013.jpg

Lachlan Murdoch

Lachlan Murdoch, CEO of Fox Corp., is expected to be deposed Monday as part of a $1.6 billion defamation lawsuit against Fox News for amplifying bogus claims that rigged machines from Dominion Voting Systems were responsible for Donald Trump’s defeat in 2020.

Murdoch will be the most senior corporate figure within the Fox media empire to face questions under oath in the case so far. And his appearance before Dominion’s lawyers is a sign of how unexpectedly far and fast the lawsuit has progressed in recent weeks — and how contentious it has become.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/defamation-suit-against-fox-grows-162204216.html

• 1 month later...

Old Rupert will be on the hot seat I’d bet money there will be a lot of I don’t recall all that aside I hope that greedy man and his holdings pay dearly for willfully undermining our democracy and institutions 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

"But Sean Hannity, according to Dominion's lawyers, claimed in open court in front of the judge in Delaware, 'I never believed it for a second, these claims against Dominion.'

But he seemed to be going along with it, no?  What he believes vs words sent out to the world are two very different things. 

Hopefully someone other than Fox has recordings to check.

• 2 weeks later...

Translation: it's not going well for Fox in the Dominion lawsuit.

Rupert Murdoch scraps proposal to combine Fox, News Corp, eyes sale of Move

the combination was "not optimal for shareholders of News Corp and Fox at this time."

Irenic has a stake in News Corp, but pointed to risks owning Fox, which it argued “is subject to litigation that may result in billions in costs”.

That legal action in which Dominion Voting Systems is suing Fox News and its parent company, Fox Corp, for $US1.6 billion over repeated claims that it rigged its voting machines as part of a conspiracy to steal the 2020 presidential election from Donald Trump.

https://www.smh.com.au/business/companies/why-rupert-murdoch-s-mega-deal-is-dead-20230125-p5cfbn.html

Edited by ozimoron
  • Thanks 1

I'd like to see the on-air individuals who say "they never believed for a minute" the foulness that they spew be taken to task for saying on the air what they themselves thought was lies.

I recently saw a clip of Meghan Kelly doing her current show (wherever it is).  She still sounds like she's on Fox, trying to play down that 1/6/2021  incident at the Capitol as tourists angered that the gift shop ran out out of snow globes.