Pink document issued to people arriving in Thailand

10 hours ago, placeholder said:

Because they live in China where only Sinovac and Sinopharm were available and want to get vaccinated with either Pfizer or Moderna.

Not sure what the pink document is. Never heard of one.

They could go to about any private hospital and get vaccinated after paying for it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

They could go to about any private hospital and get vaccinated after paying for it.

Thanks for getting back to me on this. I'm sure you and the others are corrects.

At any rate, my wife has guessed that the staff who gave her this info probably thought that people in question were from Laos, Cambodia, or Burma. She'll call back to get clarifications.  

Actually, private hospitals don't seem to be offering any covid vaccines any more.

• Like 2

Last year I got a jab (Pfizer) at a public hospital in Phuket, only the passport was required.

At present, in Phuket, Vachira Hospital, that is a public hospital, is giving jabs to foreigners requiring only the passport : https://www.thephuketnews.com/walk-in-covid-jabs-still-available-86418.php

I suppose in other part of Thailand should be the same

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Ignore all that re "pink document".

Why are they wanting to obtain vaccination after they come to Thailand? 

It's hardly required now.

I just flew into Thailand yesterday after 2 week visit to Oz.

Had my vax records.

None required both ways. 

You have to ask.  Some folks are looking for their 4th or 5th booster.  Seem to can't get enough of the stuff.

2 hours ago, placeholder said:

Thanks for getting back to me on this. I'm sure you and the others are corrects.

At any rate, my wife has guessed that the staff who gave her this info probably thought that people in question were from Laos, Cambodia, or Burma. She'll call back to get clarifications.  

Actually, private hospitals don't seem to be offering any covid vaccines any more.

https://www.nationthailand.com/thailand/general/40022603

Vaccines available here FOC

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Pink documents were issued by the Disease Control officer at the airport to arrivals when travel restrictions were in place. Generally they specified your status and quarantine requirements but that was inserted and could be for other reasons. Although no longer routine they could be used for anyone subject to observation.

Govt hospitals do not charge for the vaccination so they would want to see something to back up any request.

The OP should get his relatives to check with the DCO on arrival.

pink doc (2).jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

I recently flew into Bangkok DMK from Cambodia and there was no request for a pink document or Covid-19 vaccination record. Immigration just wanted my passport and boarding card. 

Pink documents were issued on arrival, not asked for.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sandyf said:

Pink documents were issued by the Disease Control officer at the airport to arrivals when travel restrictions were in place. Generally they specified your status and quarantine requirements but that was inserted and could be for other reasons. Although no longer routine they could be used for anyone subject to observation.

Govt hospitals do not charge for the vaccination so they would want to see something to back up any request.

The OP should get his relatives to check with the DCO on arrival.

pink doc (2).jpg

Thanks.

15 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

My apologies for the misunderstanding. When I arrived, no pink document was handed out.

When the restrictions were in place everyone had to see the DCO on arrival, now it would only be if you asked or were picked up for some reason.

In those days there weren't many arrivals and 4 or 5 doctors at the desk so not much of a problem. In normal times would be a bit chaotic.

• Thanks 1

On 12/8/2022 at 7:08 AM, placeholder said:

I was at a private hospital and they were touting flu shot but no covid shot available