Sizzler Pattaya Salad Bar Situation

Weho

I went to the Sizzler yesterday at the Royal Garden in Pattaya... So I go up to the salad bar, and do my usual routine, which starts with feeling the stacks of salad plates, trying to find one that isn't near boiling temperature. Nothing worse than putting cold salad items on a HOT plate... Yuch. I found one that was sort of close to room temperature. I believe I can go around the salad bar there faster than anyone. I can do it all in less than 60 seconds. Even if it's crowded, I can still do it in around 60 seconds. I don't wait... if someone else is getting say quail eggs at the same time, I just put my tongs right in there.

I pick up one pair of "tongs", and use it all the way around, so I don't have to waste valuable time at each item.

In any event, I'm going around, figuring I'll be close to the 60 second mark, and one guy seemed real slow... he basically had two speeds: slow, and stop. But I managed, and sat down and consumed my salad items. After about five minutes, I decide to glance up and see what kind of activity is going on at the nearby salad bar... and lo and behold, the slow guy IS STILL THERE, going around, item by item, trying to make the perfect salad plate. Then, I become fascinated with this guy, and I watch him, another minute or so later, make his way back to his table, where the server ALREADY delivered his combo platter... that's how <deleted>' slow the guy was... and he had probably been at the salad bar a few minutes before I first saw him.

Go time yourself with a stopwatch... five minutes is a LONG time to go around one little salad counter. I'm thinking, "what kiind of person would be willing to spend that much time at a salad bar"...

Moderator: I recommend you close this thread right after posting, as I can't think of anything more anyone could add that could be of interest... Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm not real optimistic about the prospects of this thread reaching "legend" status.

I went to the Sizzler yesterday at the Royal Garden in Pattaya... So I go up to the salad bar, and do my usual routine, which starts with feeling the stacks of salad plates, trying to find one that isn't near boiling temperature. Nothing worse than putting cold salad items on a HOT plate... Yuch. I found one that was sort of close to room temperature. I believe I can go around the salad bar there faster than anyone. I can do it all in less than 60 seconds. Even if it's crowded, I can still do it in around 60 seconds. I don't wait... if someone else is getting say quail eggs at the same time, I just put my tongs right in there.

I pick up one pair of "tongs", and use it all the way around, so I don't have to waste valuable time at each item.

In any event, I'm going around, figuring I'll be close to the 60 second mark, and one guy seemed real slow... he basically had two speeds: slow, and stop. But I managed, and sat down and consumed my salad items. After about five minutes, I decide to glance up and see what kind of activity is going on at the nearby salad bar... and lo and behold, the slow guy IS STILL THERE, going around, item by item, trying to make the perfect salad plate. Then, I become fascinated with this guy, and I watch him, another minute or so later, make his way back to his table, where the server ALREADY delivered his combo platter... that's how <deleted>' slow the guy was... and he had probably been at the salad bar a few minutes before I first saw him.

Go time yourself with a stopwatch... five minutes is a LONG time to go around one little salad counter. I'm thinking, "what kiind of person would be willing to spend that much time at a salad bar"...

Moderator: I recommend you close this thread right after posting, as I can't think of anything more anyone could add that could be of interest... Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm not real optimistic about the prospects of this thread reaching "legend" status.

i darent reply, cos i was taking the mick about you and shopping trolleys earlier, which i was told off which was ment as fun and i appologised for that to you but that was removed aswell, so here it is again, sorry was just a joke weho

I did want to add one other little event, before this thread gets CLOSED...

As a child, I was on this cruise ship, and I was patiently standing in line at the lunch buffet. A staff person comes DOWN the line where I am, and asks if I want any vegetables, I said I wanted a plate of string beans... I saw her then go in the back, retrive the beans and set them aside next to the "carving station" which I was approaching in the line. Then this broad in line in FRONT of me just blurts out, "I'LL TAKE THOSE GREEN BEANS", and the guy hands them to her. Then I had to request them again, and wait another five minutes. I was just a meek little child, so I didn't say anything to the bi-yatch in front of me. Of course if the same thing happened now, I would GRAB those suckers out of her hand, and/or scrap them OFF her plate, onto the floor, if necessary, before I let her get MY <deleted>' green beans! Fortunately, this would never happen in Thailand, where everyone is well-mannered.

OK, now close the thread...

Weho - Are you having a snifter or two of brandy today? :D

Pls. Lighten up on the mods stuff. They have a job to do & you're not making it easy! :o

Be a good boy & there is a surprise for you in the not too distant future from your fanclub here at TV.

:D

Soundman.