Condo Projects With Private Beaches

JimTripper

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Is there such a thing as private beaches.....I thought they were all public land? 

I think the seashore is public everywhere, but I thought there were areas that were kind of roped off where there were no hawkers and the condo had it’s own chairs out up in Wongamat? Maybe it’s just a less popular area I’m thinking of.

I heard some had “private beach access” but maybe that just means you can step out onto the beach directly.

Edited by JimTripper

6 hours ago, JimTripper said:

I think the seashore is public everywhere, but I thought there were areas that were kind of roped off where there were no hawkers and the condo had it’s own chairs out up in Wongamat? Maybe it’s just a less popular area I’m thinking of.

I heard some had “private beach access” but maybe that just means you can step out onto the beach directly.

Roping off the beach should be illegal. The beach belongs to everyone.

Anyway, I've never seen anything like that in LOS, though some beaches are hard to get to on land. There was one near Chaloklum that was accessed by a very high stairway down a cliff, but even that was open to anyone prepared to climb it.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Is there such a thing as private beaches.....I thought they were all public land? 

All beaches are public land, but there are some beaches (I don't know if there are actually any like this in the Pattaya area), which can't be accessed by land, because the land is privately owned by a hotel or condo, and it's divided by rocks or jungle from any other beach. So the only way to access such beaches (if you don't stay at the hotel/condo) is by sea, making them relatively private.

One example for such a beach would be "Conrad Koh Samui".

Edited by FriendlyFarang
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, JimTripper said:

I think that theres a couple of beaches up in Wongamat that are not easily publicly accessible by walking (rocky outcrops blocking). I don't beleive they can be totally private but are regarded as such by the developments. Only way in would be swimming or kayak or boat.

• Like 1