First 90 day report after trip abroad

I am on my first extension of stay based on marriage.

When the extension of stay was granted, they stapled a slip into my passport saying I had to do my first 90 day report on 17 Dec 22.

Later, I went abroad for a few days (using a re-entry permit), and re-entered Thailand on 1 Nov 22.

I realise that under normal circumstances, my next 90 day report would be due 90 days after my re-entry date ie. 30 Jan 23 (or possibly 89 days after the re-entry ie. 29 Jan 23).

My question is, is there any difference in the rules when this is a *first* 90 day report? Perhaps a first 90 day report needs to be done 90 days after the EOS is granted, regardless?

Many thanks

1 hour ago, YaesuBottyLove said:

Perhaps a first 90 day report needs to be done 90 days after the EOS is granted, regardless?

No the report will be due 90 days from your reentry.

That report may need to be done in person or via mail as it will be your first report. 

Do not think it can be done online.

UJ will advise. 

Edited by DrJack54

On 12/9/2022 at 1:10 PM, DrJack54 said:

No the report will be due 90 days from your reentry.

That report may need to be done in person or via mail as it will be your first report. 

Do not think it can be done online.

UJ will advise. 

A slightly different question on a similar theme, I did my first online 90 day report in mid September meaning my next report would be mid December, when i renewed my yearly extension in mid October immigration gave me a new 90 day report slip with my next report due in Jan 2023, I have just received an email from noreply@eservices .immigration.go.th saying my 90 day report is now due (mid december) just wondering what the best course of action would be TIA for any pointers  

2 minutes ago, LoeiI said:

A slightly different question on a similar theme, I did my first online 90 day report in mid September meaning my next report would be mid December, when i renewed my yearly extension in mid October immigration gave me a new 90 day report slip with my next report due in Jan 2023, I have just received an email from noreply@eservices .immigration.go.th saying my 90 day report is now due (mid december) just wondering what the best course of action would be TIA for any pointers  

Go by the date on your 90-Day Report receipt/Next appointment notice that is stapled into your passport.  Ignore the date on the email from immigration as it has been overcome by events, the event being that one was done for you at your yearly extension.  The email notification system is very crude and only takes account of reports done using the online system, not reports that are done in person, nor reports that weren't done because one left Thailand before being here for 90 consecutive days.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, skatewash said:

Go by the date on your 90-Day Report receipt/Next appointment notice that is stapled into your passport.  Ignore the date on the email from immigration as it has been overcome by events, the event being that one was done for you at your yearly extension.  The email notification system is very crude and only takes account of reports done using the online system, not reports that are done in person, nor reports that weren't done because one left Thailand before being here for 90 consecutive days.

Brilliant thanks for the swift reply (is it usual for immigration to give you a new 90 day report notification when you renew your extension ?)

18 minutes ago, LoeiI said:

Brilliant thanks for the swift reply (is it usual for immigration to give you a new 90 day report notification when you renew your extension ?)

First up go by skatewash suggestion.

Not sure why some immigration offices even concern themselves with 90 day reports when you apply for extension.

I assume that they think it's helpful. It's not imo.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, LoeiI said:

Phuket immigration always does that for me.  They don't ask, they don't tell, but they regularly staple in a new 90-Day Report into my passport when I get my retirement extension.  ????  I like it, but it's not done at the majority of other immigration offices apparently.  Maybe it's because they keep passports overnight as part of the retirement extension process.  Apply one day, pick up at 1 PM the next day.  I've no complaints.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, skatewash said:

Phuket immigration always does that for me.  They don't ask, they don't tell, but they regularly staple in a new 90-Day Report into my passport when I get my retirement extension.  ????  I like it, but it's not done at the majority of other immigration offices apparently.  Maybe it's because they keep passports overnight as part of the retirement extension process.  Apply one day, pick up at 1 PM the next day.  I've no complaints.

(Not sure if you do) but does it affect you if you use the online reporting system ? or will i probably be ok to use it again in January TIA

29 minutes ago, LoeiI said:

(Not sure if you do) but does it affect you if you use the online reporting system ? or will i probably be ok to use it again in January TIA

You should be OK to use the online 90-Day Report system.  The only circumstance that I'm aware of where you would need to do an in-person report (very easy via the drive-through in Phuket Town) is when you acquire a new passport.  Then you would need to do the first report in person, and thereafter you could use the online system.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, skatewash said:

It was done at Kalasin IO when I got first retirement extension earlier this year. 

• Like 1