Gold Shop Owner Severely Injured 1 of 4 Robbers

webfact

image.jpeg

TAK, Dec 9 (TNA) – Four armed men attempted to rob a gold shop in the heart of Tak province but its owner fought back with a shotgun. One of them was seriously injured. Another was arrested and two others were at large.

Surveillance camera footage showed the four men arrived on two motorcycles that did not have a license plate. They wore long-sleeved shirts and jackets and covered their faces with face masks and caps.

One of them used a gun with a silencer to shoot the glass door of the shop. The gunman kicked the safety glass that broke into kernels and the gang entered the shop.

Source: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-1072739

tnalogo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai News Agency 2022-12-09

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Thumbs Up 1

Shotgun was  a good defense  weapon.  Very minimal risk for innocents unless he was using 00 buck shot  but even then it is   very soft lead.    I bet the other two thieves  have many holes.   I wonder what loads he was using.  In a 5 shot mag it is wise to load different loads down the magazine.  

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Elkski said:

Shotgun was  a good defense  weapon.  Very minimal risk for innocents unless he was using 00 buck shot  but even then it is   very soft lead.    I bet the other two thieves  have many holes.   I wonder what loads he was using.  In a 5 shot mag it is wise to load different loads down the magazine.  

Possibly a slugster, (solid lead)?

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

I find this far more acceptable than the beating up, and subsequent death of the cannabis pilferer.

Why's that then ?

In the linked article it says they had already run out of/away from the shop and were attempting to start their motorbikes to leave the scene when the shots were fired causing the injuries. Therefore, it would seem the imminent and realistic threat of personal injury to the shop-owner had receded. His final actions of "following up" with his shotgun attack would likely not meet the benchmark for reasonable self-defence of either person or property in most legal jurisdictions. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Lucky then that he's not in "most legal jursidictions".

If I met him I'd give him a high five.

Hopefully the dead robber was one of the mongrels who killed a customer in this February 12 gold shop robbery in Tak...

https://thainewsroom.com/2022/02/12/customer-shot-dead-in-tak-gold-shop-robbery/

Edited by Lemsta69
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, realfunster said:

Why's that then ?

In the linked article it says they had already run out of/away from the shop and were attempting to start their motorbikes to leave the scene when the shots were fired causing the injuries. Therefore, it would seem the imminent and realistic threat of personal injury to the shop-owner had receded. His final actions of "following up" with his shotgun attack would likely not meet the benchmark for reasonable self-defence of either person or property in most legal jurisdictions. 

Good job ,making sure that they won't come back.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, realfunster said:

Why's that then ?

They were armed and posed a threat to his life. Not on his livelihood. That's the difference.