Foodland Sukhumvit Soi 5 / Took Lae Dee Price List

blackcab

I go to the one at the Bright Rama 2 but they put the breakfast price up a lot, the shop stop playing 60/70's music as well as label pricing everything. Not as good as it was. Try to keep out of it now they have so many buy one get one free promotions, mrs can't help herself! 

The prices have certainly gone up considerably.  Still the quality of the food and the cleanliness of the store makes it still worth it.  I usually buy my cold cuts at Foodland (Charon Santiwong) early in the morning after I go to Makro which is opposite.  Cheap breakfast at that time and not too much traffic.

The last time I went I went to Foodland first then Makro as crossing the road to do a U-turn is a pain.  This particular Foodland is open 24 hours so it is possible to go there first and still be at Makro at 0600.

1 hour ago, prakhonchai nick said:

NO.  But 130% mark up is taking the <deleted>!

Some places charge up to 150 for water, more usually 70 or 80 in a pub for a 10 baht bottle. On that subject, I get a 20 litre bottle for 13 baht delivered to my door, the same you might pay for a small bottle in a 7-11. Now THAT is a markup from production costs.

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

This is spooky. I was trying to find the Foodland Soi 5 menu as I've thought of eating there when I'm in Bangkok next weekend. Their website is useless for English even though they supposedly have an English translation, so thanks.

I was there two weeks ago.  The food is still good and it is still open 24h.  The menu pictured is in fact only part of their full menu.  There are also folder type menus with pictures of the food and which contain more dishes, but these are not all the same!  The contents, language (some have Thai and English, some are only in Thai) and prices vary, so if you are looking for something not on the standard menu then perhaps consult more than one of the folders and check the prices when ordering.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, prakhonchai nick said:

115bt for a Large Chang!!!!!!!!!!!! Can buy a box of 12 for 600bt. which works  out at 50bt/bottle.  Ridiculous mark-up!

They probably want to discourage the penniless pissheads from trying to turn their nice family restaurants into <deleted>ty bars for cheap bastards.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1

Cmon guys, the prices we are all referring to is from 10 years ago. These prices, while no longer 'street food' pricing, is still considerably cheaper than some restaurants in and around that area. I'd still go and grab a bite if i was around the area. And the 24 hour part probably is an added benefit too!

• Like 1

The diner at Foodland is good for a quick bite on the run if you happen to be passing by. I wouldn't go out of my way for it. That said, the Sukhumvit soi 5 branch is awful, cramped and a bit of a freak show which is amusing the first time but grows old fast. Any other branch is better. Sukhumvit soi 16 branch much bigger / more spacious and better overall, but I wouldn't go out of my way for it.

Probably dating myself but I remembered when they first moved there from Ploenchit decades ago and until the late 90s the place was still respectable with embassy clientele and not overrun with the more colourful characters dealing in whatever. 

These days it's perplexing why any independent tourist would book a hotel anywhere in Nana, surely  it's not that convenient and cheap