Tens of thousands of domestic travellers forecast for bus services during upcoming three-day holiday weekend in Thailand

webfact

image.jpeg

PHOTO: Khaosod

By Tanakorn Panyadee

Tens of thousands of people are expected to travel domestically using buses during the upcoming three-day holiday weekend from December 10th to 12th, according to the state-run Transport Co Ltd.

Sanyalak Panwattanalikhit, managing director of the Transport Company, said that the Transport Company has about 3,000 trips to facilitate travelers between December 10th (Constitution Day) to December 12th.

Sanyalak said over 227,386 people, accounting for 23,233 trips, traveled during the last long holiday from December 2nd to December 5th, which was Father’s Day.

To prevent the spread of Covid, all passengers are recommended to comply with Transport Company regulations such as wearing masks and social distancing.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/12/09/tens-of-thousands-of-domestic-travellers-forecast-for-bus-services-during-upcoming-three-day-holiday-weekend-in-thailand/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-1210

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Haha 1

"Tens of thousands of people are expected to travel domestically using buses during the upcoming three-day holiday weekend"...... 

Can you see a disaster waiting to happen? Tens of thousands of people want to get on buses in Thailand over a three day period and people think it will go well. Let me look in my crystal ball... yes, I see tens of thousands of very angry people.

28 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

Phetkasemroad to Huahin has less traffic than on a regular weekend. Busses are popular they claim, but maybe there is no money to go now as there was a long weekend last week, this week a long week in in a 2 weeks the  New Year holidays start.. Where has to come the money from to go on holiday every time?? Probably made "feel good news" to show how good the Government is working. Besides if you live on a minimum wage of 334 THB a day the travels will be very limited. 

Where I live, we used to have - before Covid - an hourly bus between Mukdahan and Khon Kaen. Sometimes it was two an hour, and there was a van service too. Now it's down to one bus a day and vans for the rest of the service.

And I've noticed that whereas Roi Et used to have three airlines serving it, it is now down to one with just three flights a day. How long can that airport even stay open?

So yes, I guess people are no longer travelling in numbers.

14 minutes ago, HuskerDo2 said:

"Tens of thousands of people are expected to travel domestically using buses during the upcoming three-day holiday weekend"...... 

Can you see a disaster waiting to happen? Tens of thousands of people want to get on buses in Thailand over a three day period and people think it will go well. Let me look in my crystal ball... yes, I see tens of thousands of very angry people.

I don't know what the big deal is, it is something that happens 2-3 times a year, we all know the roads are deadly over the Songkran and New Year periods!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Where I live, we used to have - before Covid - an hourly bus between Mukdahan and Khon Kaen. Sometimes it was two an hour, and there was a van service too. Now it's down to one bus a day and vans for the rest of the service.

And I've noticed that whereas Roi Et used to have three airlines serving it, it is now down to one with just three flights a day. How long can that airport even stay open?

I have to meet my wife who is arriving at Chumphon airport next week. The airport has two flights a day. I wonder what the staff do for the rest of the day.

4 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Roi Et has flights????

Imagine that.  Which airline is brave enough to provide this one daily flight?

13 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I live near the Bangkok-Lomsark/Phechaboon main road ,it was the same one bus every 45 -60 minuets  pre Covid,pluss some buses doing just part of that route

Now they are 4-5 buses day ,and they are the double-decker firs class , and they are only a few mini buses doing again just part of that root .

They are going to be a lot of pickups loaded with people plying this route this holiday.

And in less than 3 weeks is the biggie,New Year ,what are they going to do get buses out of mothballs ,the ones that used to drive this route are somewhere,

If they do will they service them .........answers on a post card to.........