3BB Wifi Security Camera option , 50 baht ?

Denim

I was in my local 3BB office yesterday paying my internet bill when I noticed a security camera for sale in a cabinet. 

I asked how much it cost. Answer 50 baht. I took this to mean 50 baht to use only but had to be bought first. After further explanation she assured me it was free of charge but would put an extra 50 baht a month on my existing internet bill. Pretty cheap deal. If I go for it , 3bb will send a technician to install it correctly . Once installed it works with an app on your phone so that if you are away a few nights you can check in at home to see if everything is ok.

Anyone gone for this option yet and if so is it worth getting ?

1 hour ago, Denim said:

Once installed it works with an app on your phone so that if you are away a few nights you can check in at home to see if everything is ok.

And what would you do if you saw, from afar, someone near or in your home at 4am ?

Edited by KannikaP
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

And what would you do if you saw, from afar, someone near or in your home at 4am ?

Very true. What I was actually thinking is that I have to go to the UK for a couple of months next spring and with one of these I could tell if the wife was up to the mark cutting the lawn and trimming the hedges. Failure in these tasks would mean no duty free Channel perfume on my return.

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Order pizza? No, I would call the local police or at least friends who have a key and can check together with the police what happened... ???? Such a camera would also help to see if my neighbour above is flooding my condo (again...????). But I would buy it at Lazada for instance. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mickeymaus said:

Order pizza? No, I would call the local police or at least friends who have a key and can check together with the police what happened... ???? Such a camera would also help to see if my neighbour above is flooding my condo (again...????). But I would buy it at Lazada for instance. 

Notice I did specify 4am. Local Police????  You would need one inside to see any flooding, and one outside to see any possible intruders. In fact one at the front AND back.  But hey, its peace of mind.

8 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Notice I did specify 4am. Local Police????  You would need one inside to see any flooding, and one outside to see any possible intruders. In fact one at the front AND back.  But hey, its peace of mind.

If you are away from home for a long time and nobody checks your home regularly, an insurance company may refuse to pay (if it ever intended to pay ????).

For indoors, you can buy a camera that can move around. 

My biggest concern is water damage.  I've had too many problems already. You can also buy WiFi flood detectors.  

Slightly off topic ????????????. For my air conditioners I use the one shown in the picture (no wifi but very loud alarm). I only switch on the aircon when I am at home. The 9V battery lasts forever. Are there no air conditioners that turn off when the water drain is blocked and water comes into the room?

20221210_111003.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

My biggest concern is water damage.  I've had too many problems already. You can also buy WiFi flood detectors.  

Once again....4am and you are in say Dubai.

But I take your point.

4 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Once again....4am and you are in say Dubai.

But I take your point.

Dubai??? Can't happen ????????????. I have a problem with the alcohol selling restrictions in Thailand already ????. But I have people with my condo key here in Pattaya. Since 4am closing time will hopefully not happen they should be at home at this time already ????????????. You see, one more reason not to extend the opening times ????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mickeymaus said:

Are there no air conditioners that turn off when the water drain is blocked and water comes into the room?

Should be as a fairly common occurrence. 

Obviously , when this happens it might be time the unit had a clean but as a quick fix I just go to the end of the drainage pipe outside, wrap a clean kitchen tissue around it then blow as hard as I can ( cover bed with towel first to catch the <deleted> that gets blown out )